Need help and advice on an investigation...
Hello dear bullies...
Me and a couple of my friends are planning on an investigation about an instructor, which is located in Turkey.
I'd understand if most of you bullies wouldn't give a **** about what's going on in Turkey MA world, but still I would greatly appreciate any help and suggestions.
This is the situation:
We came across the name of "Sevki Erdogan" in our local MA forum.
He got all attention on himself when we discovered that:
- He was giving "jiujitsu & MMA" seminars and "certificates"
- He was asking his students to ONLY TRAIN MMA WITH HIM otherwise in the future they will have problems with mma competitions and "the federation"
Well, thinking that we already have some MMA fighters fighting around the world and all, this "federation" "certificates" terms made us a little confused.
So we checked his background in MA's.
Here is what he says:
- He has trained in and "examined" aikido, taekwondo, goju ryu karate, joined many seminars
- American Full Contact System Karate PylsungDo 3. Dan
- Super Sabaki Kaikan Do Organization 5.Dan
- Ashihara Karate 5.Dan
- Hapkido Universal Instructor (Whmaf)
- 3. Dan Judo
- 6. Dan Sayokan (Which is a ripoff system, based on ashihara, just using different names and uniforms)
Here are his activities:
- He teaches Krav Maga, gives seminars about it
- He teaches Systema, gives seminars about it
- He has "CREATED" a system named "PARS" which we think is very similar to Krav Maga
- He and his students gives "Jiu-jitsu and MMA" seminars with certificates. They especially tell their students "other MMA clubs" are obsolete (which are run by professional mma fighters)
We've tried to talk with the guy and asked some questions inside the forum.
He got aggressive and said stuff like: "I'm sure I know MMA better than you!" when we asked him if he is really eligible to teach mma, give seminars and certificates.
He has no MMA fights, no students who competes in MMA.
Well is he full of ****? I don't want to talk so sure without making a good research about him, but even if all his dan claims are legit, I don't approve his way of working.
(MMA certificates? really?)
But for me, he sounds a little fishy.
Why am I doing this research?
MMA and BJJ are very new sports to Turkey, that are being tried to promote all around the country by people who put a lot of effort and money and sweat...These guys actually go and fight!
And we have this guy coming out of nowhere, trying to create a federation of mma and capitalize the sport in the country.
I don't want to let that happen. At least not before everyone knows about this guy.
So here is how you can help me, if you feel slightly interested...
1) You can tell me more about these sports "American Full Contact System Karate PylsungDo", "Super Sabaki Kaikan Do Organization" etc. and if they are legit sports or not. (By legit, i mean, they dont give certificates by coupons from magazines etc)
2) You can also give me pointers about who to talk if I want to find out more about his credentials.
Like ashihara, krav maga, systema...who should I contact with If I want to find out if he is really qualified to teach these?
Also any other suggestions are welcome.