Fearless? That is way to new to be considered a myth or having "cashing in" ability.
The thing about kung fu is that there's so many memes. There is:
- Famous martial artist gets shamed by the Japanese, only to return later and restore honour to China -- and kung fu's superiority.
- Young man discovers vagabond who is a secret kung fu master, becomes student, avenges master's past humiliation.
- One school decimates another school, until only one student is left. Student is then forced to adapt his style in order to avenge his school's honour.
- Young rebel is forced to ask Shaolin Temple for anmesty, becomes monk, gets released from Shaolin Temple -- to challenge the corruption of the Emperor.
- Master tries to perfect his craft, is driven insane -- and then in his insanity gains spiritual clarity on a new form of kung fu.
Mix and match the above, and you pretty much have the bulk of kung fu cinema.
You forgot the one about how the young hero's kung fu is not entirely effective until combined with copious amounts of alcohol, and he can't pass to the next level until he engages in a drunken kung fu brawl with his sifu.