Me, my missus and Pilates
Tonight I am going to Pilates with my fiancee. She seems to have this idea that I am not keen but truthfully, I am and for a number of reasons:
1) I haven't done it before, nor have I done any research and therefore don't really know what to expect other than it is a good form of meditation. Is it slow transitions to positions and holding them like yoga, or is it flowing forms like tai chi, or am I barking up the wrong tree on both accounts? I probably am, seeing as though I have done neither of those exercises in the first place.
2) My missus reckons when she used to do pilates (she did it for a few months last year) her orgasms with me were longer, stronger and more "whole body". I understand that this is not just a female phenomenon and am hoping to achieve "the ropes" again (if you know what I am talking about, then you will know why I want them again).
3) Since hitting the gym and neglecting Judo due to my knee, my flexibility has suffered. I understand that pilates assists with flexibility. Will I be hindered due to hitting the gym the day before? Or is that a benefit? Is there an optimum time to do pilates?
4) I also understand that with that flexibility comes strength, as in it is not just flexible, but strong at the peak of flexibility.
5) It is a good activity to do with the missus.
It may seem like I am merely making statements, but as you can see they are very broad. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this form of exercise and if you can comment with any depth on the five above points. Also, if you have any other benefits to add, please let me know.