- Primary Style:
- Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan
- Michigan, USA
- Other Interests and Information:
- I am married (since 1997) My wife is 3rd Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo, and we have three boys (twins - age 11, one age 7)
- I am a Taekwondo Instructor and Dojang owner.
- Martial Arts Experience:
- 1965 - Began studying Martial Art (wrestling, striking, judo)
1975 - Joined a Judo Dojo
1976 - Switched to an ATA Taekwondo school.
1978 - (age 18) Earned 1st Dan in ATA, and opened my first school
1979 - Earned 2nd Dan
1980 - US Army Basic, Ft. Sill, OK. Army Reserves Lansing, MI
1980 - College TKD course affiliated with Kukkiwon.
1981 - Earned 3rd Dan
1984 - Opened independent school. Earned 4th Dan from original instructor (not with ATA)
1985 - Joined a Korean Master with the Jidokwan
1992 - USTU Referee at Senior Nationals, Hampton, VA Jr. Olympic Nationals, Orlando FL.
1994 - Referee Jr. Olympics, Chicago, IL.
1994 - Earned 5th Dan; Master Instructor
1995 - Class A-1 Referee; USA Coach U.S. Open
1996 - IN State Champion (2 Gold medals); GA State Champion (2 Gold medals)
1996 - 97 - Trained and taught in Korea
2000 - Rejoined original teacher, now with US Chung Do Kwan Association
2005 - Earned 6th Dan; Chief Master Instructor
2009 - USCDKA MI State Champion
- "The softest things in the world overcome the hardest things in the world." ~ Lao Tzu
For those who have purchased a Business Supporting Membership. Edit your business link here.
- School or Business Link:
- School or Business Title:
- Click Here to Visit My Business
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 4/16/2010 2:37am
- Join Date
- 8/27/2009 1:38am