3 Visitor Messages
- Primary Style:
- SAMBO, jiu jitsu
- in the lab or in the gym
- Other Interests and Information:
- J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132 (21), pp 7248–7249
Inorg. Chem., 2011, 50 (11), pp 5105–5112
Inorg. Chem., 2012, 51 (12), pp 1625-1633
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134, pp 15468-15475
there are others. deduce my name and you shall find them.
- Recently graduated (March 2013) from the doctorate program at UC Santa Barbara in the Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Currently a post doc researcher at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico
- Martial Arts Experience:
- I started martial arts at 24 with Aikido. I studied under Sensei Eric Zmarzly at Sugawara Budo in my hometown of Petaluma, CA in June, 2006 until Sept., 2007. I also trained briefly at our sister dojo, Traditional Aikido of Santa Rosa (santarosaaikido.com), under Sensei Jay Bell.
Wanting some experience with striking, I left Sensei Bell's school and began training at Sonoma County Karate and Kickboxing Center (scmac.net) under Sifu Raff Cousens. I trained KENPO there from Nov. 2007 until Aug. 2008.
In Oct. 2008, I moved to SoCal for graduate school and took up grappling (SAMBO and Jiujitsu) at Valhalla Elite Training Center (sbmartialarts.com) under Micheal MacDonald. I immediately fell in love and now hold a purple belt in BJJ (competition rank) and a green belt in SAMBO (in-house rank) under Coach MacDonald.
In April 2013, I relocated to NM for my post doc and started training at Santa Fe BJJ Academy (a Gracie Barra affiliate) under Prof. Thomas Pless, Coach Jesse Boyd and Coach Sarah Boyd.
I like to think I am an experienced competitor, with well over 50 competitive grappling matches under my belt. Search fdtehsbd in youtube and you'll be directed to my channel where most of my competition matches are posted. Some vids of my grappling are on the valhallaetc youtube channel too.
- "dogma can lead to erroneous conclusions".
-R. Bartlett, UF, Gainesville
- My Dojo/School Review:
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Messages
- Most Recent Message
- 9/20/2011 11:49pm
- Last Activity
- 2/23/2014 10:06pm
- Join Date
- 8/17/2008 11:01pm
Showing Friends 1 to 5 of 5