- Tab Content
- About Me
- Primary Style:
- Self Taught
- Other Interests and Information:
- I love learning about all of the Martial Arts of the world!
- Martial Arts Experience:
- I practiced Tae Kwon Do for around two years roughly between the ages of ten and twelve, reaching a blue belt. I dropped out, and have not been able to join any schools since (Due to a lack of money and time). I actually got back into martial arts years later (When I was about 18) as a way to stay healthy and to be able to fight for what I believe in. I started by practicing what I had already learned, but I soon realized that high kicks made me feel very uncomfortable, and I preferred more boxing-oriented fist work.
I looked up various styles and fell in love with Hung Kuen, mostly due to Shaw Brothers/Golden Harvest movies. I looked into it and found pretty much what I was looking for.
For about two years now, I have attempted to teach myself Hung Kuen using every resource available to me (Books, instructional movies, etc.). Obviously, this is no substitute for a martial arts school, and without any accreditation or "real" experience, I feel very uncomfortable calling myself anything other than a "Self Taught" martial artist.
Honestly, all martial arts interest and fascinate me, and I am happy to take advice from every artist I am lucky enough to meet. In my eyes, everyone who pursues the true essence of martial development is deserving of my respect.
For those who have purchased a Business Supporting Membership. Edit your business link here.
- School or Business Link:
- School or Business Title:
- Click Here to Visit My Business
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 7/30/2013 7:40am
- Join Date
- 7/29/2013 9:43am