221300 Bullies, 4010 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Conversation Between Steve357 and yomitche

7 Visitor Messages

1. I'm sorry I didn't respond to your message; I JUST now noticed the messages on my profile from you about Bukti Negara.

What is your background in MA?
  2. Just out of curiosity, what was holding you back to committing to the training?
  3. Mitch, you can email me directly at stevedempster@earthlink.net. Please do that. I think I may know someone that you do. :D Bukti negara is really an amazing thing, and part of that makes it very difficult to describe. Please email me with your info. I will respond and hopefully we can speak on the phone. I'd love to share quite a bit with you. For me, after 13 arts, training with the most famous and most popular and some true greats, training in Bukti Negara (in my humble opinion) put all my other training in the shade. Literally, I learned more about combat in a month than I did in 17 years of previous training. Email me, I can't wait to speak with you in person. Thanks again for the inquiry!

Best regards,

Steve
  4. The Silat community is extremely volatile, adn I don't want to contribute to that by publicly asking if you have any video available, but thought you might be will to discretly allow me to watch some of it.
    If that's not possible, I understand and still appreciate your postings on the Bukti threat, nonetheless. But if you have anything more specific about the art that can be shared out of the public eye, I'd really, really appreciate it!

Thanks again!

Mitch
  5. I've seen all of the videos available on Youtube, and have even worked out a bit with some of the folks posting. However, I really haven't seen the full potential of Bukti Negara. I wish I could see video of Bukti Negara "sparring." Not because I want the practicioner to "prove" the validity of the style, but rather to see what it actually looks like apart from the text. Not to sound like an ass, but I don't want to invest months or years in training in Bukti Negara, only to determine that it doesn't have what I'm actually looking for. Know what I mean? I met and worked with several escrima folks before settling with the ones I now train with. I even passed on training with "top notch" folks who were more well known, but not the right fit for me - only to come across truly "top notch" folks.
  6. I have been competing in stick fighting competitions for a while, some of which are getting kinda close to Dog Brothers gatherings (but with standard WEKAF sparring gear) - meaning kicks, throws, etc. are allowed - but no specific grappling. I HAVE NOT attended a Dog Brothers gathering, but certainly aspire to their standard of willingness to test the material that I train in. I also work out at a boxing gym here in Dayton, but do that mostly for fitness.
  7. Hey, Steve!
    I originally posted on Bullshido asking about Bukti Negara. I live near Dayton, Ohio and have the opportunity to train with Mr. Tim Anderson. Mr. Anderson seems like a great teacher and is obviously a wonderful human being. I have attended a few Bukti Negara classes with Mr. Anderson and was impressed with the art, but have had a few lingering reservations about committing to the art.

I have enjoyed a strong background as a student of Wing Chun (learned while growing up- from Joy Chaudhuri and Kurt Saenz, both instructors of Sifu Augustine Fong), practiced in several styles for a short time (realizing they weren't quite right for me) and now concentrate on Balintawak Arnis.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7