222016 Bullies, 4200 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Conversation Between Styygens and frenchie88

6 Visitor Messages

1. Have you ever attended Swordfest in NOVA? There seem to be a good number of Koryu in the DC area.
  2. No worries. I don't think you stepped on my toes. I hadn't heard of Mr. Hall. I'll see what I can dig up on him. I'm going to sound even more lame and plead "too busy" for any koryu training right now anyway. My main interest in koryu lies in trying to understand the "left turn" Bujinkan made. It's a Gendai Budo that wants to act like a koryu. Does that make sense? This would be easier if you had enough posts to do PMs.
  3. David Hall is in Columbia, I think, and he teaches Owari Yagyu Shinkage Ryu as well as Jikishinkage Ryu. I don't know if you have checked him out. Also, I apologize if I stepped on your toes in answering your question to Mr Fluffers.
  4. Thank you. I was afraid an incredible opportunity had managed to slip completely under my radar. But Philly has always been a little too far for me. It's good to know a couple of koryu students are on Bullshido. I'm going to have to keep you and Mr. Fluffers in mind.
  5. I train in Philly under Paul Manogue Sensei. He trained in Japan under Sono Seigo Sensei.
  6. Hi. Yes, I suspected Mr. Fluffers is a student of Dr. Friday. Hence my question. I'm hoping to learn more from him.

Now I'm curious about a Yagyu Shinkage Ryu student in Maryland. Is there a practice group in Maryland, or did you study in Japan? Thanks.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6