228039 Bullies, 4467 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Conversation Between Blue Negation and Falcyon

53 Visitor Messages

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
  1. Ouch, alright yeah, what time is good for you?
  2. sure, I'd be glad to. I'm recovering from tendinitis right now, but I think I'll be good to go on saturday (especially if we aren't sparring the whole time).
  3. Would you be down for rolling this week sometime? Saturday maybe? I don't think I'll be able to swim with you, or pose any sort of challenge lol. Maybe you could give me some tips?
  4. The club member who trains both is a girl. You'll see her if you stick around.

I trained BJJ for 2-3 years down in grove city, before I had knee surgery and subsequently couldn't afford the drive+dues. I'm up for doing no-gi stuff for sure. I sometimes NoGi train on Sat with a club member who's a blue belt from the GJJ place up north. I might be able to do other times too.
  5. Where and how long have you trained BJJ by the way? I mean if you still do that is. My friend said you were really helpful, the other guy assumed he knew something about grappling. I was just wondering if you wanted to roll no-gi or anything sometime.
  6. I feel like "protecting your sparring partner" is a lost concept to some people.

Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. I might actually do that next year because I'm living on campus again. But I worry about being exhausted after Judo. What's the guy's name? I mean it's a good club no doubt, but I don't know if I wanna blow the money now or not. I think I'll stop by the FMA/MMA club and see how much technical drilling they do, and if they don't have enough I'll just go for Judo.
  7. Yeah, the tall kid with curly hair used to train in bjj/grappling and wrestling. I don't think he ever internalized the "relax" part of jiu jitsu. I tried to help him, but he just would go for kimuras while we were drilling triangles and stuff so hell with it.

The Judo v Fma/MMA club thing is going to have to be your decision man. Have you tried out their club yet? We actually have a member who goes from Judo club, gets a smoothie, then goes to FMA for 2 hours on Mon/Wed. You could try that.
  8. Yeah the coach is actually my Barber's old roommate. He told me to go check it out. Well now I don't know what to do, start Judo 150 dollars now instead of later and get more out of my membership, or wait until summer and start the FMA/MMA now.

And yeah I think that's the one. Curly hair and tall? Does he crosstrain BJJ? The other green belt was a pretty nice guy though.
  9. The FMA/MMA club is legit. They don't work on technical drilling as much as I would, but they're solid and make up for it with loads of conditioning and scenario sparring. Their coach is a FMA stickfighting champ and ammy MMA fighter/BJJ purple belt. Great guy.

Which white belt are you talking about? The tall one with a BJJ gi? If so, he's a total spaz and kinda a bitch to roll with, yeah. I used to take it easy on him but not anymore, he just takes advantage of it. One in every club.
  10. I was wondering, how is that FMA club down there? Virgil mentioned they were legit, but said steer away from the JJJ club. I might start off there and wait until Summer quarter to save some money before I buy a gi and pay the subscription fee.

Also, is the white belt usually that spazzy? I had him in guard and he was straight spazzing. He pretty much kicked and elbowed me in the nose twice.
Showing Visitor Messages 41 to 50 of 53
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast