PDA

View Full Version : Women's Gis

Pages : [1] 2

JKDChick
7/26/2010 7:42pm,
This isn't really a discussion thread. This is a heartfelt, agonized scream of pain:

CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE MAKE A WOMAN'S GI THAT DOESN'T HAVE PINK FUCKING EMBROIDERY?

HereBeADragon
7/26/2010 7:50pm,
evidently no but you can have a matching handbag :P

Seriously though I wasn't aware there were mens and womens gis. I've always been under the impression that the uniform was a unisex design.

judoka_uk
7/26/2010 8:17pm,
evidently no but you can have a matching handbag :P

Seriously though I wasn't aware there were mens and womens gis. I've always been under the impression that the uniform was a unisex design.
I don't know about BJJ, but most Judogi manufacturers and retailers sell slim fit or women's gi without pink embroidery or any pink at all...

syberia
7/26/2010 8:17pm,
They're Gis. Buy a normal one. There are 'womens' ones, and they have some fitting occasionally, different sizing perhaps, but srsly. It's a GI. Buy a normal one. You pay less and there are better colours.

But I do have to wonder why they do that.

Uncle Skippy
7/26/2010 8:18pm,
If serious, ask jitschix. She's reviewed a bunch of gis.

JKDChick
7/26/2010 8:18pm,
*sigh* I wish I did Judo then, I've done BJJ in a judo go and it sucks. Too long.

JKDChick
7/26/2010 8:20pm,
They're Gis. Buy a normal one. There are 'womens' ones, and they have some fitting occasionally, different sizing perhaps, but srsly. It's a GI. Buy a normal one. You pay less and there are better colours.

But I do have to wonder why they do that.

Thanks. I've been wearing regular gi's for 8 years. But my hips are a little different than a man's, you know?

Soldiermedic
7/26/2010 8:49pm,
Thanks. I've been wearing regular gi's for 8 years. But my hips are a little different than a man's, you know?

HEY! I pride myself on my manly, hourglass figure

My roomie has issues with the male bjj gis fitting her womanly proportions properly, and she also detests pink. She has somewhat solved this by using a bjj jacket with judo bottoms.

We blame Kyra Gracie

money
7/26/2010 9:32pm,
... hourglass figure ... My roomie ... womanly proportions ... Kyra Gracie

Wait, what?

WhiteShark
7/27/2010 12:45pm,
Vulkan makes a lilac gi!
Includes a matching bag!
http://www.fightersmarket.com/NEW-Vulkan-LILAC-Pro-Light-Kimono-Bag-p/k039.htm

Dargentus
7/27/2010 12:49pm,
No girl (or indeed woman) I've ever trained with has complained about isami gis not fitting them properly.

Besides, pink is....

Nice?

Lu Tze
7/27/2010 1:14pm,
List Price: $199.95
Our Price: $199.90
You save $0.05!

**** me, get them while they're hot!

jnp
7/27/2010 1:19pm,
Wait, what?

**** me, get them while they're hot!
Grumble, remember this is a technique forum.

kikoolol
7/27/2010 9:50pm,
http://www.fushida.ca/jiu-jitsu-gi-uniform-komodo-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-gi-bjj-kimono.php

I don't know how Fushida's BJJ gi are, but I wear a Prestige v2 to judo and I love it to bits, best gi I have, and I have a Mizuno. I have no reason to believe their BJJ line is any different.

I linked you this one 'cause of the double-cut feature they have on their top models. Maybe the non-normal cut would fit your womanly personage better. Not strictly a "woman's gi"...but some variation in the cuts could maybe help you out.

Fire an email to Christo if you want - he'll size you.

maofas
7/27/2010 10:10pm,
Ahem!

http://www.mmawarehouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ata-1015&click=1139

If you could put up with some pink lettering/logos there's a black Atama gi out there for ~150.

Otherwise, try looking at some Judo gis made in the European competition style. They have much shorter skirts and a slimmer fit, pretty similar to BJJ gis.

Vulkan makes a lilac gi!
Includes a matching bag!
http://www.fightersmarket.com/NEW-Vulkan-LILAC-Pro-Light-Kimono-Bag-p/k039.htm

You know, I really like purple. If the hue were a little deeper towards royal, I'd wonder how the A4 would fit a man....

speedycerviche
7/28/2010 3:51am,
*sigh* I wish I did Judo then, I've done BJJ in a judo go and it sucks. Too long.

I trained and competed in BJJ for ages with only $60 Judo gis and never found any problem (except for when I had to borrow a gi a for a comp because of the rules). Now I have 1 BJJ gi and 1 good Judo gi and about 8 cheap ones and I have no trouble doing BJJ in any of them. Alot of the BJJ class (espically before BJJ became big) wore Judo gis so I can not see how it sucks.