PDA

View Full Version : Rupture shorts and Me

Pages : [1] 2

Zapruder
3/07/2010 12:13pm,
So I have been testing these shorts for months now and I have to say these things are INDESTRUCTIBLE! I have trained with two separate behemoths, both 250+ and they have both lifted me over their head by JUST the shorts alone. I thought that the slit in the side of the shorts would rip or stretch or anything other than what happened...the power lifter actually looked up at me and said something about it(while I was still hanging over his head)

Now, on to the things that I REALLY love. The velcro at the waistband does NOT in any way shape or form rub or scratch your belly like all other shorts I have had do...they are comfy! I can throw high kicks and the feel like Thai shorts, I can grapple without constant adjustments, I can wear them to a highly chlorinated pool and there is no lose of color OR durability.

I have tried like four or five different brands and none even come close to the comfort durability and functionality of this brand. Oh, and the fact that these are 100% made in the USA is another selling point for me!

I would like to thank Rupture for sponsoring me and hooking it up with these FANTASTIC shorts, and I am looking forward to seeing all the future products that are to come.

ruptureclothing
3/08/2010 12:49pm,
Thanks Zap. This is actually a pretty thorough review. I'm glad you put them through the chlorinated test - this is something people don't mention much.

Glad you liked the shorts. I will send you a pair of our multi-purpose Performance Series later this month so you can beta test them before they're available to the mass populus.

And before Sirc chimes in.. your shorts are on the way :).

Thanks,

Nick

Vorpal
3/08/2010 1:50pm,
I have not worn any of my old shorts since my Rupture shorts have come in. They are definately a higher level of quality than anything else out there.

Monkfg
3/08/2010 3:27pm,
What would it cost to send them to Germany?

Lu Tze
3/08/2010 3:33pm,
Ditto with that to Britain.

Vorpal
3/08/2010 4:34pm,
Brothers, you do not want my used shorts. Seriously.

ruptureclothing
3/08/2010 5:12pm,
Brothers, you do not want my used shorts. Seriously.

LMAO.

Our website quotes international shipping automagically. If it's just one item, it's not very expensive. I looked up both Germany and Britain and it's $16.00 to ship one pair of shorts to either country. Shipping price goes up as expected depending on quantity of items ordered.

During the past year, we've shipped to over 60 countries, so we do this quite a bit :). We send everything with a tracking number so you know exactly when your order ships and can trace it to arrival.

Cheers,

Nick

Phrost
3/08/2010 5:16pm,
Every time you buy a piece of Rupture gear, an angel gets his wings (and then kicks Mask in the balls).

Syphilis
3/08/2010 5:50pm,
Can we still get the bullshido rupture shorts? I can't find them on the webpage.

vashanka
3/09/2010 9:23am,
One other very nifty feature is the mouth guard pocket on the outside. These shorts rule.

Vorpal
3/09/2010 9:27am,
Nick, for the guys in Britain you have to convert the price from US$ to pints.

Sley
3/10/2010 12:11am,
About when will the new shorts be coming out? I was planning on buying the current ones, but I would like to wait and see what the difference is between the new and the old kinds, so as to get the kind I would be better off with.

(I'm a sub-grappler who would like some shorts that are not absolute dogshit (yet were totally free) to compete in)

Basically a company used to sponsor my gym, and they sucked, I got a pair for $10 bucks, then got given 3 more, 2 black and 1 camo...

They also made some heavy, non-preshrunk crappy gi-s. I hate them...

So off rant, I started by getting a nice vulcan Gi that I have loved, and am looking for some Nice nice shorts.

ruptureclothing
3/10/2010 12:24pm,
Sley,

The Performance Series shorts will not be grappling specific, rather a great multipurpose short. We will not discontinue our grappling shorts line.

The reason behind the Performance Series shorts is demand. A lot of people in other sports have been asking for a great pair of shorts that are not specific to grappling and MMA. If you need a good pair of grappling shorts, I suggest you pick up a pair (especially since they happen to be on sale).

Cheers,

Nick

About when will the new shorts be coming out? I was planning on buying the current ones, but I would like to wait and see what the difference is between the new and the old kinds, so as to get the kind I would be better off with.

(I'm a sub-grappler who would like some shorts that are not absolute dogshit (yet were totally free) to compete in)

Basically a company used to sponsor my gym, and they sucked, I got a pair for $10 bucks, then got given 3 more, 2 black and 1 camo...

They also made some heavy, non-preshrunk crappy gi-s. I hate them...

So off rant, I started by getting a nice vulcan Gi that I have loved, and am looking for some Nice nice shorts.

Neo Sigma
3/14/2010 9:00pm,
Are you able to say how the Performance shorts will be different from the current line? I've using my Signature shorts for muay thai for months now, and I'm curious to know what you might change to make them better suited as to being multipurpose, since these things have pretty much done the job perfectly as my main standup wear.

ruptureclothing
3/17/2010 2:43am,
Neo Sigma,

The Signature line of shorts will encounter some slight improvements over the next few months, but will mostly stay as is. The Signature fight shorts are very well constructed and suit their purpose well, so there's no sense in tampering with something good.

We felt that by adding an all purpose short to our line, we would expand our short sales beyond grappling and Mixed Martial Arts. Our rash guards sell to people in many other sports (surf, for instance), but our main consumers of shorts are fighters and grapplers.

We put a lot of effort and resources into R & D for our new line of shorts and determined that the Performance Series shorts would sacrifice a few of the grappling specific aspects (triple-layered velcro enclosure, side slits, for instance) in favor of other enhancements that would make it suitable for multi-purpose use. Our goal was not to re-create the fight shorts. Those are very sport specific and need to stay so. Our goal was to create a pair of shorts that an athlete could wear at the gym to run, lift weights, play different sports (football, rock climb, you name it), wear casually, AND also be suitable for grappling and MMA. Rest assured that the comfort, durability and range of motion have been retained in the new Performance Series shorts.

To summarize: for the serious fighter, the Signature series are it. For someone who just wants a great pair of athletic shorts that are not made of flimsy polyester and do a great job standing up to wear and tear, the Performance series shorts will do the job. I imagine most of our customers will buy both.

I hope this answers your question. We're releasing the new shorts in a few weeks, so I'm being deliberately guarded about the details. When they are released, Phrost has asked me to post details here first, so I will do so.

Cheers,

Nick

Are you able to say how the Performance shorts will be different from the current line? I've using my Signature shorts for muay thai for months now, and I'm curious to know what you might change to make them better suited as to being multipurpose, since these things have pretty much done the job perfectly as my main standup wear.

jnp
3/25/2010 11:12am,
Just ordered a pair of shorts and a rashguard. I'm looking forward to getting them.

I hope a medium rashguard fits a guy who weighs 180 lbs and is 5'10".