PDA

View Full Version : Joseph F. Connolly II

DDangelo
3/02/2010 1:45am,
Discussion thread for Joseph F. Connolly II (http://www.bullshido.org/Joseph%20F.%20Connolly%20II). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button

EDIT: Whoops, I was trying to find if there was a MABS thread on this guy and I guess I accidentally made this one, sorry.

Conde Koma
3/02/2010 1:54am,
Oh well, super boss investigation anyway.

It's really sad that he decided to resort to underhanded tactics to try and sell himself. I'm assuming even to get 3rd dan (even if it was under Porter), he had to have SOME kind of legitimate skill in judo.

Has anyone tried contacting this guy? I've always wanted to see what Bullshidoka say when they've been found out. The couple that I've seen respond after investigation were generally still pretending like they were in the right.

Rock Ape
3/02/2010 12:56pm,
PM Cy Q. Faunce he'd be able to tell you if that happened.

jitschix
3/02/2010 4:20pm,
Really nicely done Chuck. :)

Cy Q. Faunce
3/03/2010 12:30am,
I'm assuming even to get 3rd dan (even if it was under Porter), he had to have SOME kind of legitimate skill in judo.
Do you? Why? That's not very plausible. Porter was pay-to-play.

Has anyone tried contacting this guy?
Emailed him at multiple addresses. No reply.

Cy Q. Faunce
3/03/2010 12:31am,
Really nicely done Chuck. :)
Thank you! I'm hoping to find out more about his military records. Something's not right in there.

Conde Koma
3/03/2010 1:23am,
Do you? Why? That's not very plausible. Porter was pay-to-play.

I guess I'm assuming that to even get to the point where he's buying a belt from Potter, he must have some judo experience. Unless, of course, there is evidence that Potter just handed belts out to anyone with a checkbook off the street.

Cy Q. Faunce
3/03/2010 1:31am,
I guess I'm assuming that to even get to the point where he's buying a belt from Potter,
OK, I know that's a typo, but I just had a couple of images flash through my head:

http://www.bestcareanywhere.net/img/potter1.jpg

http://avltheatre.com/ruben/potter.jpg

he must have some judo experience. Unless, of course, there is evidence that Potter just handed belts out to anyone with a checkbook off the street.
So it's one of two extremes, huh?

Anyway, no comment on Porter for now.

Conde Koma
3/03/2010 1:59am,
I'm not saying he must have been an AMAZING judoka, but it stands to reason he had some kind of experience, doesn't it? In any case, you're the one with the information and research, I'm just asking questions. If JFC had absolutely terrible judo, mediocre judo, or above average judo, please say so.

Cy Q. Faunce
3/03/2010 2:04am,
I'm not saying he must have been an AMAZING judoka, but it stands to reason he had some kind of experience, doesn't it?
Not necessarily. In fact, buying a belt is generally not a good sign for one's competence.

In any case, you're the one with the information and research, I'm just asking questions. If JFC had absolutely terrible judo, mediocre judo, or above average judo, please say so.
I'm saying your statement doesn't follow. Specifically, there are some events in the USJA involving Phil Porter that you don't appear to know about. They're not germane right now and we don't generally comment on open investigations, but at some point I hope to address these issues publicly.

Mtripp
3/03/2010 2:35am,
I guess I'm assuming that to even get to the point where he's buying a belt from Potter, he must have some judo experience. Unless, of course, there is evidence that Potter just handed belts out to anyone with a checkbook off the street.

Sadly, that is EXACTLY what Porter done, did and do....