PDA

View Full Version : Beat my record: 29 bodyweight dips

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Emevas
2/16/2010 5:23pm,
I remember people were wanting to do contests for a while, so I got one for you

YouTube- 29 Bodyweight dips (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA1q40gv1ig)

So close to 30, and yet so far. See what you can do. Winner gets a +rep

Zapruder
2/16/2010 5:36pm,
The guy behind you makes this vid GREAT!

Emevas
2/16/2010 6:03pm,
As in the guy next to me, or the people having the weird conversation?

Gopu
2/16/2010 6:14pm,
When I went for police testing some guy did like 50 something dips. I can do like 5 now maybe. I don't know.

Emevas
2/16/2010 6:15pm,
I just feel like an idiot for not having done dips for high reps sooner. Way better than bench.

Lights Out
2/16/2010 6:24pm,
You're one huge mofo, Emevas, how much do you weight?

Zapruder
2/16/2010 6:25pm,
As in the guy next to me, or the people having the weird conversation?

The guy that you do more dips than leg raises..or at least faster

jspeedy
2/16/2010 6:29pm,
I just feel like an idiot for not having done dips for high reps sooner. Way better than bench.

Better for what? Why? Just curious, I used to do dips a lot but benched little. Now I bench a lot more and don't do dips.

Would you recommend working in dips to stronglifts routine? I've been sticking strictly to the basic stronglifts 5x5 for almost 4 months now and was condsiering doing some modifications based on stuff from Pavel's "Beyone Bodybulding".

By the way, just eeked out 25 dips to see how I compare. I'll post a vid tomorrow (or soon after) so someone can tell me i'm doing it all wrong.

Emevas
2/16/2010 6:40pm,
You're one huge mofo, Emevas, how much do you weight?

205-210. I'm about 5'9, so I'm stout.

Better for what? Why? Just curious, I used to do dips a lot but benched little. Now I bench a lot more and don't do dips.

Would you recommend working in dips to stronglifts routine? I've been sticking strictly to the basic stronglifts 5x5 for almost 4 months now and was condsiering doing some modifications based on stuff from Pavel's "Beyone Bodybulding".

It's a less technical lift that still develops great strength of the entire upperbody pushing muscles without any risk of injury as a result of failure.

For stronglifts, I would either stick with the program or use a new program rather than modify it. Pavel's 3-5 is a great way to go about using dips.

Diesel_tke
2/16/2010 7:53pm,
Dang it, I wish I would have seen this yesterday. I'll post a video of me doing some maybe Friday. I did 10 sets of 10 last night and am sore today. Love dips though, probably my favorite exercise.

Your form is a lot better than mine. I don't go all the way down. I have a tendency to cheat especially when my arms get really pumped up.

Emevas
2/16/2010 8:06pm,
Yeah, stopping early would put too much strain on my elbow.

Sang
2/16/2010 8:12pm,
My max is around 15, 30+ is way out of my league unfortunately :(.

A little off topic but how can you add extra resistance to dips without a weighted vest?

Emevas
2/16/2010 8:19pm,
Yup, use a dip belt.

Diesel_tke
2/16/2010 8:23pm,
My max is around 15, 30+ is way out of my league unfortunately :(.

A little off topic but how can you add extra resistance to dips without a weighted vest?

I've done these a few times in the gym, but my wife says I do it just to show off!!

YouTube- Weighted Dips +200 x 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfQQOj71oxc)

Ka-Bar
2/16/2010 9:47pm,
Way too much stress on the shoulder girdle. I'll stick to dumbell kickbacks and tricep pushdowns, thankyouverymuch. Preferably with the pink dumbbells.

There are dips in Versions 1 & 2 of Stronglifts, Medhi replaced them with pushups in Version 3.

Emevas
2/16/2010 10:19pm,
I feel like the push-ups are more beneficial for the purpose their used for in the program.