PDA

View Full Version : Fresno Wing Tsun

littlehazey
7/22/2009 5:31am,
Sifu Daniel Schoenbrod (born in 1973) began his martial arts carreer at the age of 13 in Berlin, Germany, where he began to learn Shaolin Kung Fu. In order to get more practice for the tournaments in which he was competing he trained in various Kick- and Thaiboxing gyms in Berlin.
Together with his brother he trained Teakwon Do. During an exchange program to the U.S. he was introduced to freestyle wrestling.

While studying sports and education at the Berlin Free University he trained Judo, Karate, Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu.
Constantly on the search for a realistic and effective martial art he began to learn Wing Tsun and Escrima in 1993 from Sifu Peter Vilimek. He frequently visits seminars of the grandmasters Leung Ting, Keith Kernspecht and Bill Newman.

Since 1997 and with the authorization of his Si-Fu and his Si-Gung he runs his own gym in Berlin, Germany. In 2003 he was promoted to "Sifu of Wing Tsun" by Grandmaster Keith Kernspecht. Furthermore Sifu Dan is working for numerous security companies and agencies as a consultant, instructor and sometimes as an operative.

His main working-field is the evaluation and execution of protective services for VIPs, large events or high risk installations. As a guestinstructor he has taught defensive tactics to numerous police and military units in the US as well as in Europe.

In 1999 Sifu Daniel Schoenbrod relocated to California, where he is teaching Wing Tsun throughout the state. Currently Fresno Wing Tsun is being held at Martial Arts Fresno on the corner of Blackstone and Herndon.

Wing Tsun offers very realistic training in the art as it applies to the areas of protection and self defense. As well as training in it's applications to military and live fire environments. Also with the nmber of students per class kept low, all students have the opportunity to have one-on-one instruction, and your growth in Wing Tsun is really watched and taught to specify your needs as a student.

Live sparring is full contact with gear or light contact with out gear. The goal is to learn the technique and applyy it. This way understanding is fully garnered in the most honest way needed. This means that you will be constantly putting your skills to the test against your fellow students.

Kambei Shimada
7/22/2009 5:35am,
Aliveness 8..Really? So i assume you do full contact sparring on a regular basis ..No?

littlehazey
7/22/2009 5:37am,
Aliveness 8..Really? So i assume you do full contact sparring on a regular basis ..No?

Sorry though I clicked 7... my bad... it's late.. we do a decent ammount of full contact sparring with gear on...but I wouldn;t say regular.

littlehazey
7/22/2009 5:38am,
forgot to click the submit change

8/01/2009 1:26pm,
what international competitors do you have? maybe you should read the guidelines before submitting a review?

littlehazey
8/03/2009 11:11am,
what international competitors do you have? maybe you should read the guidelines before submitting a review?

Actually I did, the thing is though...I can't name any other than the fact that my instructor instructs police and other military agencies throughout Germany and has a school in Charlottenburg Berlin Germany. Does that answer your question?

8/04/2009 10:59am,
yes it does, do you think it should still be a 9?

Asriel
8/04/2009 11:01am,
What sort of grappling instruction do you have? Does your Sifu cross train in any grappling arts?

littlehazey
8/04/2009 6:39pm,
yes it does, do you think it should still be a 9?

TheStrike Training...or what? I was just going by the description of the ratings... but i'll lower if it gets you too stop whining

littlehazey
8/04/2009 6:50pm,
What sort of grappling instruction do you have? Does your Sifu cross train in any grappling arts?
and to answer your question there is a whole section to wing tsun that envolves nothing but grappling and chin-na techniques, but my instructor does throw in some of his own juijitsu experience to mix it up. All I can say it's all about the kimura baby.

8/05/2009 10:43am,
I'm not whining, it's all in the interest of fairness. Instead of getting defensive, usually people offer evidence of why a rating is high. In your instance, since the rating is a 9 it would be: (name of professional/amateur fighter/boxer/whatever) trains here or video evidence of your highly effective techniques against skilled/resisting opponents rather then he/she was a bodyguard for George Clooney.

Tominator93
1/07/2010 9:27pm,
I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but wouldn't protective services for VIPs count as a "high level self defense situation" as outlined in the guidelines?

If it doesn't though, then I do agree that the striking rating should be revised to a 7. In the guidelines, "success in practical application" includes usage by Military/LEO, which this school would definitely qualify as.