PDA

View Full Version : Taijiquan - Kurse für Anfänger (Taijiquan - lessons for beginners)

Pages : [1] 2

Homernoid
12/22/2008 1:47pm,
Well, just upfront: it really sounds more, than it is and I gave up the intention to made a living out of this. Its more like a spare-time interest I do not have to pay for and get pocket money for a movie or two.

Lesson fees:
I try to take 30 € for 90 minutes to 2 houres. But mostly it is for free, cause students are poor or a friend or both.

Aliveness:
I am highly interested in no-nonsense-selfdefense and so lessons are focused on that. Still, most people sniffing into taijiquan lessons find out it has to do with touch or even grabb someone, or worse being grabbed, so most stay away after learning it has to do with fighting.

Equipment:
Due to I do not teach weapon-forms it is not that much of it needed.

Gym Size:
When group-teachings arise I rent a room in a local community-centre 150 sq. meters.
Individual lessons I try give at the students homes or at the park, depends on weather.

Instructor/Student Ratio:
I am my own teacher.
Classes variate from 3 to 8 students on top.

Atmosphere/Attitude:
I do my best, share as much I can, always admit mistakes and try to learn out of them. Classes are small so I am very there. At least to me it is great fun and possibility for experiments and new experience.

Striking:
In classes there are basic drills. When it comes to striking, then students are only allowed to strike on me, not on other students, Exeptions are attack/parry-drills.
Pressure-testet full range stuff only happens in individual lessons - I am to afraid of anybody get hurt.

Grappling / Push Hands:
Easy and gentle push hands is common.
Pressure-testet full range stuff only happens in individual lessons - I am to afraid of anybody get hurt.

Weapons Instruction:
Especially for women I do agression-training-stuff. So there are Bo, Boken etc. instructions in terms of parry/attack-basics, distance, etc.
Still, its more like body-work and kind of reducing distance untill it can become hand-to-hand level.

That's it. Hope you get the impression.

Homernoid
12/22/2008 2:06pm,
forgot to mention:

I enjoy to practice taijiquan in its very simply ways. The form I do and teach is very short (16 pictures). Tradition is rudimentary at best. Daoism and meditation are there, but only for those, who are really interested. Classes go on body-experience, movements and simple taijiquan-principles. The word CHI is hardly stressed, for it is not needed. I am talking and instructing constantly, concerned nobody abuses his or her body in unnatural movements just because I forgot to explain proper ways.

M.C.
12/22/2008 4:51pm,
You mind telling us where this stuff is located? Not that I would be interested or anything but for those who might be.

Plus 30€ for 2h? :5eek:are you nuts?!

Homernoid
12/22/2008 6:38pm,
Its in Germany, a town near Frankfurt/Main. As this is an english speaking community, I do not expect that many interested showing up around the corner at all.

About the money, well you do not know the taxes here are or the general prizes for everything, do you? I can assure you, this is very modest for so much attention, not to speak of those that do not pay or just give a share... But thanks for asking.

M.C.
12/22/2008 6:51pm,
Fun fact, I am aware of taxes and all that, because I am from said country. And we have a few others here from Germany, Austria, Lolland and Belgium. But still 30€ for 2h lesson is more on the heavy side, I paid less a month for my TKD/AK school and I could train 6 days a week. I am just saying... it is all free market, if there is a client base, more power to you.

BTW: Why would you review your own school if you think there are no people here interested in?! That seems odd.

Homernoid
1/03/2009 5:22pm,
Well, makeing a review just seemed being the right thing - like some kind of that's what I try.

About the coin. As I said before, it depends. Affluent people have to pay, others have not, quiet simple. Finally, it's not that much money for a personal or small group instruction. It's not a club, no dues, just the teaching, training is not included, but everybody interested in showing me something or sparring gets my attention and support...

Lebell
1/19/2009 7:19am,
I wonder how much a trainticket to Frankfurt is...

edit: i cant believe i missed this: 30 euros for 2 hours is modest?!
get the **** out.

Homernoid
1/19/2009 9:48am,
A 2-way trainticket is for 9,10 €,

get the **** out.

I do not care about your opinion at all, **** off yourself.

Lebell
1/19/2009 11:56am,
A 2-way trainticket is for 9,10 €,

I do not care about your opinion at all, **** off yourself.

whoa lets not say stuff here we're going to regret now...well you are going to regret...hehehe.

10 euro a lesson is normal.

why would anyone pay you 30?
are you that special?

Homernoid
2/04/2009 4:05pm,
hi Lebell, sorry for taking me so long to answer, I was busy.

I wonder how much a trainticket to Frankfurt is...

get the **** out.

1. you started that rude vocabulary.

2. 10 € is normal in classes with 10 to 20 people, mine are not. I am quiet trained to get people into difficult body-coordination they have difficulty and fear to do by themselves. it is compensation for my sparetime I could use for anything else aswell. I am neither special nor skilled or anything else. I just do follow that rule of need and supply. you do know, wich causes what, don't you?

3. taking into account, with additional 10 bucks for the train and the time needed to end in frankfurt, why not? it's comfortable.

4. remember, as repeatedly posted above: people WITH money, HAVE to pay it. those WITHOUT have not. you do understand this, don't you? so why do you care if some affluent dunnowhat wants to pay me 30 € per hour or not? 'cause, it's fine to me.

5 finally, it's free marked, no need to explain why who takes how much for what... noone is forced to take lessons from me, I coudn't care less about that.

Lebell
2/04/2009 6:35pm,
im not rude you arschloch!

anyway you dont have to be all arrogant about it.

so what you're saying is: you have no special skills...
you charge them that kind of money because there's a demand for it and you have to travel by train.

BUT if people cant afford it they dont have to pay anything...

that makes sense...

Hiro Protagonist
2/04/2009 6:57pm,
Ooooh my freaking tiny leberwurschtbrot!

Polite answer is: You are obviously in the wrong place to advertise your school. What you describe does not sound like a martial arts school that meets the standards that are required around here. (Not making a list of what was wrong or missing: let's see if you find out yourself.)

Not so polite answer is: Next time I come to FFM, I'll be delighted to take a look at your school, if you care to give an address. Then, I can write an unbiased review, and put your self-defense skills, which you implicate are derrived from Taijiquan, to the test.

Homernoid
2/05/2009 4:24am,
im not rude you arschloch!

anyway you dont have to be all arrogant about it.

so what you're saying is: you have no special skills...
you charge them that kind of money because there's a demand for it and you have to travel by train.

BUT if people cant afford it they dont have to pay anything...

that makes sense...
actually it does make sense. insults won't get you further.
'bout the demand, it's the other way round: supply raises the demand. sorry, if being arrogant, only slight arrogance was intended. however your intense reaction is interesting to me. still, sorry for that.

Ooooh my freaking tiny leberwurschtbrot!

Polite answer is: You are obviously in the wrong place to advertise your school. What you describe does not sound like a martial arts school that meets the standards that are required around here. (Not making a list of what was wrong or missing: let's see if you find out yourself.)

Not so polite answer is: Next time I come to FFM, I'll be delighted to take a look at your school, if you care to give an address. Then, I can write an unbiased review, and put your self-defense skills, which you implicate are derrived from Taijiquan, to the test.
it's hardly a school. I am just giving some lessons, mostly solo ones at their homes or in the park. if getting enough people together, I do small classes. it is not a school and I did never call it that way.

on advertising. I am not doing so. I am new in here, so went on to tell, what it is I do in CMA. I am not expecting anybody from here taking lessons from me. this would be ridiculus. and my fighting skills I would rank in here on the last 5 percent. but that is obviously the reason you are acting that impressive.
however, if there is the possibility, to delete this post for pleasing you, just tell me how. I would not mind, 'cause, as I said before:

Well, just upfront: it really sounds more, than it is and I gave up the intention to made a living out of this. Its more like a spare-time interest I do not have to pay for and get pocket money for a movie or two. Next time you are in frankfurt and we have the time meeting each other, it could be fun. personally I would prefer summer, cause I am not going to rent the communitycenter for a meetup with you and so there is the park I guess.

Have fun.

Hiro Protagonist
2/05/2009 5:35am,
on advertising. I am not doing so. I am new in here, so went on to tell, what it is I do in CMA. I am not expecting anybody from here taking lessons from me. this would be ridiculus. and my fighting skills I would rank in here on the last 5 percent. but that is obviously the reason you are acting that impressive.
however, if there is the possibility, to delete this post for pleasing you, just tell me how. I would not mind, 'cause, as I said before:

I am not acting impressive, I am telling you that you are in the wrong place for this.
You are new here, so try to adapt.

Schools to be reviewed here are, with all the respect, pro schools, not just gatherings of pals who like to hit themselves.

Your training can be totally legit, and your skills superior to anyone here,
but what your describe is your training group, not a school.

Next time you are in frankfurt and we have the time meeting each other, it could be fun. personally I would prefer summer, cause I am not going to rent the communitycenter for a meetup with you and so there is the park I guess.

No worries, wouldn't be able to make in the next few weeks thanks to my exams anyway.
But then, sure, why not? - In return, if you happen to pass by Würzburg, drop me a note.
Since this looks more like a misunderstanding than like an attempt of BS from your side,
I expect this to be a good exchange, not a gong sao.

Homernoid
2/05/2009 12:53pm,
oh wow, now I understand. that is a misunderstanding indeed. I read carefully about that schoolreview stuff, still did not copy it is for professional schools, not at all, I obviously must have missed that passage.
I am really sorry for any trouble I may have caused, my appologies for that.

Thank you for your invitation, when fortune drives me to würzburg, I'll be pleased to drop in.

Asriel
2/05/2009 1:02pm,
Also, School reviews are for students of said School to rate it so that others thinking of going there may benefit from the information rather than advertising by the School itself.