PDA

View Full Version : GNC's Whey Protein Complex

Phrost
9/22/2008 12:45pm,
I'm a cheap bastard. It's somewhat well known; I, personally, invalidate all kinds of ethnic slurs through a combination of this cheapness and my lack of any substantial ethnicity.

So when I came across a 5lb tub of protein at GNC for less than $30, I forked over the cash and hauled ass.

That worked out great, until I actually had to drink the stuff. So here's the breakdown of my ratings:

Taste: 1. I should give it a 0.5 but I'm sure there are a few things slightly more foul than this. I'd describe the taste as "cinnamon-vanilla nursing home toenail clippings". I'd thought I had tasted the worst protein powder known to man when I got a bad batch of Muscle Milk a few years back that smelled and tasted a little like halibut, emphasis on the butt.

But nope, this stuff is an abortion of flavor. If Emeril Lagasse got a hold of it, the only "BAM" you'd hear would be from a service revolver he frantically stole off his bodyguard to put in his mouth in the vain hopes of getting that taste out in the fastest way possible.

Mixability: I also gave this a 1, because I guess this mixes better than 4chan and Scientology, but that's about it. It's got the consistency of sand mixed with a fine gravel. And I have to admit, that if your protein shake doesn't have a good "crunch" to it, you don't know what you're missing.

The rest of the ratings are pretty self-explanatory, or that's what I'm saying because I really don't want to write much more about this crap. But I will say this much:

I'd rather make a post-lifting shake out of Dr. Scholl's Foot Powder.

Goju - Joe
9/22/2008 1:00pm,
You better make sure it's not secretly a Chinese milk product disguised as Protein

Andrew556
10/03/2008 11:37pm,
For what it's worth Whey works well enough in smoothies.

ThrasherCub
10/16/2008 11:54pm,
Wow, thanks for the warning. My room mate saw a similar sale and actually texted me as I was reading this. I had just passed the word "crunch" so I promptly called and told him to run.

Is good whey protein something hard to find or has GNC just failed terribly?

jwitts
6/08/2010 5:42pm,
If you can get to a Vitamin Shoppe or order from their website.

They have their store brand of Whey Protein, which is cheaper and is exactly the same, if your trying to save a few.

singinghart
4/05/2011 5:46am,
Though this thread have been here for quite a while, I still would like to insert my opinion.

It is smart to take whey protein to gain firm muscles and a healthy body. However, it can also be dangerous if you take too much. It can cause kidney and liver malfunctions. Therefore, proper consumption is advised.

whey protein dangers (http://www.wickedbodybuilding.com)