PDA

View Full Version : gracie diet?

akamai
11/17/2003 5:04am,
Is there scientific research behind the gracie diet or is it more of a "trial and error" system they invented?

Kama Warrior
11/18/2003 6:28pm,
Any chance you can explain what the Gracie diet is for those of us who don't know.

akamai
11/18/2003 6:37pm,
read about it here
http://www.gracie.com/#RTdiet

Kama Warrior
11/18/2003 6:59pm,
The way it looks, it seems to be more of a trial and error thing. It doesn't even really make sense. What goes down, no matter how it is mixed, has all the nutrients needed extracted. If you ask me, its a load of BS. But then of course, thats just my opinion.

Pandinha
11/18/2003 7:53pm,
I was on the Gracie diet for about 3 months. Just stopped and went on Low Carb to get rid of the last vestiges of a gut. It is really nice to look straight down and see my toes.

The gracie diet was created by Carlos Gracie as a means of ensuring that all Gracie fighters are ready to fight at any given time. It is not a diet per se of losing weight, it is a diet of mixing the right foods that interact chemically while digesting.

My thoughts on the diet are that it is extremely easy to do. With one hot meal a day, it takes a bit to get used too. I found myself after the first week, very energetic and able to last a whole class without feeling lethargic. Eating every 4 hours for 3 meals total wasn't hard at all to do. I lost alot of weight on this diet, coupled with my training regimen of 6 days a week in Jits.

Deadpan Scientist
11/18/2003 8:09pm,
Was Carlos Gracie a scientist?

FingerorMoon?
11/18/2003 8:56pm,
Of course he is a scientist. The Gracie's have never taken information from somewhere else and claimed it as their own.

Little Idea
11/18/2003 9:32pm,
What goes down, no matter how it is mixed, has all the nutrients needed extracted.

This is not true.

There will definitely be differences in the way nutrients are absorbed when foods are mixed.

akamai
11/18/2003 10:26pm,
Originally posted by brandeissansoo
Was Carlos Gracie a scientist?

Was Stephen W. Hawking a NHB champion fighter? :D

Jenfucius
11/18/2003 11:24pm,
Originally posted by Little Idea
This is not true.

There will definitely be differences in the way nutrients are absorbed when foods are mixed.

for example, tannins and alkaloids will impair iron absorption while vitamin C will improve.

Afrin
9/03/2006 2:32pm,
Has this diet been put under any academic or scholarly review? My access to online periodical data bases like proquest is not activated yet from UC Riverside, so I couldn't do a very thorough search. To anyone's knowledge are there any academic papers reviewing the gracie diet within the health/nutrional academic community?