PDA

View Full Version : Old warrior wanders into lions den..

Pages : [1] 2

Mike Mad Dog
3/28/2008 9:47am,
Hello! I'm a noob on here but an old old old warrior in the dojo.. I say this because I realised some time ago that I have been training now for longer than most of my students have been alive.. and its getting harder and harder to keep choking the living $*** out of them...

but hey ho! :nobodycar

TKDBot
3/28/2008 9:48am,
Welcome aboard, Mike Mad Dog! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

Vorpal
3/28/2008 9:59am,
Mike, how old is old?

Mike Mad Dog
3/28/2008 10:16am,
I'm just coming up to 43.. (after a nights training it feels like 103.) and training for 28 years.. most of my guys are 22-25 ish.. which is how old my mind thinks I am.. but my body struggles to keep up! lol

Lu Tze
3/28/2008 10:30am,
Welcome to Bullshido. We seem to be getting more and more Brits here lately, good to see.

G-Off
3/28/2008 10:40am,
And here I assumed this was going to be about Ken Shamrock trying to find his way back home after his latest fight. Welcome.

Vorpal
3/28/2008 10:41am,
Just turned 43 myself. Welcome to Bullshido.

Mike Mad Dog
3/28/2008 11:49am,
thanks people.. will try and make some interesting posts for you.. luckily 28 years of being battered makes you think you know it all..:ninjafigh

sambosteve
3/28/2008 12:16pm,
Welcome aboard!

I would say you are only "old", not "old, old, old"...because that would make me "old, old, old" and I only want to be "old"...LOL.

Recently, I was training one of my guys for an upcoming fight. He and I sparred for an hour inside the cage one afternoon. After that, in the locker room, some young whippersnapper who was watching says to me "wow! I hope I am still going at it when I am your age!"...LOL. I asked how old he was...20years old. Ok I know he was trying to be complementary, but, damn, I am only 40.

DerAuslander
3/28/2008 12:53pm,
Thread title sounds like a Qinna move.

Welcome.

Echo Unit
3/28/2008 4:01pm,
Thread title sounds like a Qinna move.

Welcome.

Or kama sutra...

Hedgehogey
3/28/2008 6:40pm,
How exactly did you earn the nickname "mad dog"?

syberia
3/28/2008 7:36pm,
Welcome aboard!

I would say you are only "old", not "old, old, old"...because that would make me "old, old, old" and I only want to be "old"...LOL.

Recently, I was training one of my guys for an upcoming fight. He and I sparred for an hour inside the cage one afternoon. After that, in the locker room, some young whippersnapper who was watching says to me "wow! I hope I am still going at it when I am your age!"...LOL. I asked how old he was...20years old. Ok I know he was trying to be complementary, but, damn, I am only 40.

You may only be forty, But for a 20 yr old, thats twice a lifetime. From here, forty seems, litterally a lifetime away, and we dont really want to think on it. Well... i dont.
Once i'm there though, i guess life will be different..

OP, welcome to bullshido, I hope you like it here as much as we do.

colonelpong2
3/28/2008 10:12pm,
SHe hates old people. Bloody disrespectful youngin! Back in my day we would have sent her to work in the coal mines

Omega Supreme
3/28/2008 10:29pm,
Welcome aboard!

Liar...you don't turn 40 til August.

syberia
3/28/2008 11:29pm,
SHe hates old people. Bloody disrespectful youngin! Back in my day we would have sent her to work in the coal mines

I dont hate all old people. Just you ;)

(i dont really...)