Brilliant insight Bemused. Classic examples of TYK's manipulation of her students lives. Yeah, mind rapist is what she is. If only we would have seen it sooner.
She has to be in control of her student's relationships and the way we were made to write everything in our journals, she knew just how to play us. Wake up COL! Stop being "enablers" and allowing TYK to continue her evil ways. Without all of you she is nothing.
I agree, she is nothing good. If she was she would't be so needy. She would be able to satisfy herself for who she is. But all these titles makes her think she is something more. She thinks she is God, One big clue she's not all that. Look at God's ways and her ways...totally different. It is what he can do for you not what you can do for him. WIth her it is what you can do for her, not what she can do for you. She may have you think she is doing something for you, but she isn't. you have smarts, weigh the situation
Alas, seeing reason won't prompt any COL member to leave. For me and for other ex-COL I've talked to, the motivation to join was emotional, and so was the motivation to leave.
When I joined COL I was depressed, lonely, tired of my life, and just getting over a bad breakup with an emotionally distant guy. It's kinda funny, but when I left COL I was also depressed, lonely, tired of my life, and just getting over a bad breakup with an emotionally distant guy.
Then there were TYK's illusions and my feelings about them. She was gonna save the world with her special wisdom, and I was gonna help her, supposedly. When I joined I was excited, hopeful, awed, and in love. When the illusions cracked and then shattered, when I saw her as just another New Age narcissist, I was angry, sad, disgusted, and I felt betrayed.
I joined COL to chase a dream, becoming an instructor, and I left COL to chase a different dream, becoming a songwriter. After I got my black belt I felt profoundly disappointed because it wasn't how I thought it would be. Since leaving I've been somewhat disappointed by the music business, but never by the music itself. It's the difference between chasing someone else's dream and chasing my own.
Here is an example of some interesting TYK methods. This is from an application of one of her "programs":
KI ENERGY CORRESPONDENCE APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Please answer these questions as part of your application to this program.
1. Write down and explain what you do for a living.
2. Explain the daily demands and stresses of your job.
3. Did you have any personal relationships or family responsibilities? Please explain and describe.
4. Please describe the relationship with your family members. Parents? Children? Brothers or sisters? How often do you see them? How involved are they in your day to day life? Do they influence your day to day activities? Please explain and describe.
5. Did you ever cheat, or were you cheated on concerning any personal relationships? Please explain.
6. Have you experienced anger or jealousy? Please explain.
7. Have you experienced a lot of depression or suicidal tendencies? Please explain.
8. Are you a religious person? Do you believe in God? Have you attended formal masses or sermons regularly? Do you pray? How often? Please explain.
9. Before applying for this program, did you monitor yourself? Explain.
10. Were you on a regular daily or weekly schedule? Please explain and describe.
11. Did you meditate? If so when and how often? Please describe.
12. Did you workout? If so what, when and how often? Please describe.
13. Do you shower daily? How many times? How long did you shower for? Were you aware of your inner dialog?
14. Do you brush your teeth daily? How many times?
15. Describe your eating habits.
16. What kind of music did you listen to and when?
17. How often did you look at porn material? Please explain and describe.
18. How often did you find yourself day dreaming? Please explain and describe.
19. How often did you find yourself fantasizing? Please explain and describe.
These are the questions word for word. Note sometimes it will say "Did you workout..." other times "Do you brush your teeth..." So much for consistency. What is worthy of noting is how TYK demands information about her students so she can know how to manipulate them through her "classes". Whether it was "Ki Energy" courses, "Self Discover Weekend" programs or what ever, TYK always has an agenda. It isn't for helping people.
Wow, Hyeongsa, that list of questions is something. The worst aspect is not the questions but the fact that TYK neither has nor feels an obligation to keep the answers confidential. Anything you write can and will be used against you. The interest in certain adult material is classic TYK, but the interest in dental hygiene is just plain weird.
Let's see, how would TYK answer each of these questions, if she were honest? A few of the answers I suggest are speculative; for example, I did not witness what I refer to in answer 7.
1. I am a cult leader. I convince people that I am more spiritually evolved than they are so they will give me money, serve me, and jump and scramble at my every order.
2. It's stressful when my followers demand something in return, like the fulfillment of the promises I made to get them to follow me. They are so ungrateful!
3. I see my cult family daily and my regular family occasionally. I take from the former and give to the latter. I refer to my closest followers as my "sons" and "daughters," even when one of the "sons" is my lover.
4. I spoiled my parents so they would feel bad about how they treated me as a child. I tried to prove to them and to the rest of the world that I'm better than my brother, whose martial arts school is bigger but who hasn't gotten as much publicity. I support my sister because she can't seem to get a man to support her the way my cult family supports me.
5. When I was married, my husband and I both cheated. When my followers cheat, sometimes I punish them, but sometimes I protect them.
6. I get jealous whenever my followers take any advice or value any relationship over mine. I get jealous when they even think of someone of the opposite sex without my permission.
7. I slit my wrists to get attention and make my closest followers feel guilty.
8. I'm so religious that I'm a Buddhist and a Mormon and a Catholic! I pray regularly and publicly. I am my own church.
9. I monitor my image constantly. I also monitor my followers and make them monitor each other.
10. Other people have schedules, but I don't unless I'm being interviewed or receiving an award. Otherwise I come and go as I please. I spend a lot of time with my cult family because I enjoy watching them worship me.
11. I meditate like I pray, often and publicly.
12. I used to work out more, but I've gotten older and more out of shape.
13. I'm obsessed with cleanliness.
14. I'm obsessed with my teeth.
15. My followers cook wonderful Korean meals for me. Sometimes they eat nothing but rice.
16. I like Celine Dion and Cher. I wish I were as rich and famous as they are.
17. I tell people I am celibate and pure, but I have a secret collection.
18. I daydream about new ways to obtain control of and self-sacrifice from my followers. It's for their own good.
19. I fantasize about the whole world following and worshiping me.
These answers are hilarious Bemused! Although some of them aren't so funny (but honestly, you answered with the truth). We all know TYK is a classic cult leader and as sinister as they come.
Think about it COL...what do these questions have to do with martial arts or her fake "Ki energy"? Is there anything she doesn't know about you? How about how you secretly read bullshido and agree with what is said. Hmmm?
Good point, Hyeongsa, what do these questions have to do with martial arts or "ki energy"? TYK probably thinks everything has to do with ki energy, but of course she can't ask about everything. So what she doesn't ask about is revealing.
Asking about diet and workout frequency is a start, but it's not enough. Most leaders of workout programs want to know about medical history, injuries, disabilities, age, weight, and previous experience with specific physical activities. Although not all such leaders are required to keep answers confidential, most do anyway.
Mental health professionals want to know about more than just stress, suicidality, and family relationships, although these are important. They ask about previous experience in counseling or therapy. They ask about substance abuse and previous mental health diagnoses. They are required to keep answers confidential.
The most glaring omission is any question of what people in the program would want to accomplish for themselves. What's in it for them? TYK seems to assume that whatever she offers is valuable simply because she is offering it. She used to ask questions like this. I guess trying to help people with real problems just got too tedious and burdensome.
It's awfully quiet around here. Any new news on what the Little Blatherskite has been up to lately?
I haven't heard any news. I haven't been posting because I've been busy with a big project. I probably won't be posting much for a while. But you can bet I'll still be checking back regularly.
It's awfully quiet around here. Any new news on what the Little Blatherskite has been up to lately?
Must be quiet at the dojang too. They haven't updated their "student of the week" in several weeks. Maybe busines is dropping off.
Boy does this story sound like anyone else you know? Wonder where she gets her ideas? http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/new-abuse-allegations-cap-bad-year-for-scientology/19387752
Interesting article Kathy. I loved the part about the "disgruntled ex-students". Sounds very familiar. Her inner circle numbers are dwindling. Hopefully any new additions to her Academy will see through her deception. Finding bullshido will help them.
Who is ready for a laugh? I was just looking at some of the "pr stuff" on jsw and this really made me laugh.
Also, watch yourself. Make sure you never betray those you love or respect. Be a Jung SuWon (http://www.gonorthstar.com/books.php?mainlinkidpk=3&sublinkidpk=5) Warrior and be loyal to your purpose, your teachers, and your friends.
I take it to read, don't tell her secrets, and only do what you are told. How many times did she betray those she supposedly "loved"? Course her main love is money and herself. At least the BS website is the second hit on the jws website..
Everyone have a blessed Easter and be happy that you are Free to do as you want.
Hi folks, it's been a while. I have no news, but something I saw the other day brought back a poignant memory.
A local studio has copies displayed of many of the CDs recorded there in the past. One of them is by a woman named Holly. I remember Holly. She was once a Jung SuWon student. After class one day Kimmie asked Holly about herself. When Holly said she was a singer/songwriter with a CD out, Kimmie asked to hear it, and Holly played one of the songs. Kimmie liked it so much that she played it over and over. Holly then gave Kimmie the CD.
I was beside myself with envy. I had always wanted to record a CD but hadn't had the courage or the support to do it. I also got the irony of the situation. Kimmie had strongly hinted at me to give up my music when I joined COL, and here she was love-bombing a newbie by complimenting her music to the hilt. Kimmie talked about us having the power to fulfill our dreams, and here was one of mine, out of reach.
Holly didn't last long as a Jung SuWon student. If she had, she probably would have been hinted at to give up her music too, or to change it so it glorified Kimmie. It took me longer to find my way out. What finally did it, years later, was hearing Peter Gabriel, an artist I'd long admired, sing on the soundtrack of an otherwise forgettable movie. I was so homesick for my music that I had to pursue it, no matter what. And Kimmie didn't like that, because it wasn't about her.
But here I am now, recording my second CD. I've won some local songwriting awards, gotten some local indie radio airplay, and almost had a song or two taken to Nashville. I've received compliments from people as high up as the VP of A&R for Virgin Records. And even aside from that I'm proud of what I've done. I'm not rich or famous, but I live a creative life.
Good thing you are stubborn bemused, see how far it has gotten you. This goes to show that being stubborn does pay off. Stubborn also equals being Strong. You have a great voice and are very talented. Your happiness is yours, not something that is hers. I really look foreward to seeing you this month. You have to sign my CD.......Two of my granddaughters have wonderful voices....One even sings in Japanese....Not only is it Mother's Day coming up, but being a grandmother makes it even more special. Happy Mother's Day to all you out there,
Hey there ex JSW and COL students. I have been reading through this for 3 days and have deduced that the school my friend used to train at was indeed a cult. He has been reading this and wants to be anonymous. He would like to confirm many of the legitimate acts that went on, as he was present for some of them, but also says others are BS.
I am new to this site posting for him because he doesn't want to be revealed in any legal or possibly offish way. He has been out of the loop since the SJ closing in 2007. He does recognize most of your posts and sees that most of you are quite sincere and have been through a very, very bad deal with COL and LMS.
He was fortunate enough not to have been sucked into COL although he almost was, and thank God he wasn't.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.