PDA

View Full Version : Krav Maga Birmingham, United Kingdom

jedipuke
11/04/2007 3:24am,
Every class starts withn the usual warm ups and stretching.

We then move onto conditioning which varies in intensity according to the level of class you attend.

Then we practice techniques, such as putting punch and kick combinations together, and escapes from chokes, strangles, bear hugs etc.

The more advanced stuff deals with pattern interrupts, knife, gun and stick defence.

Then once a technique has been shown, it is dry drilled with Steve, then we work it with a partner, then comes the fun bit! The presssure drill, each technique we learn is pressure tested, the defender stands in the room with their eyes closed, and waits to be attacked, the defence then has to be applied. There can be some bad language, as we try to recreate a bit of realism.

Each class lasts roughly and hour.

Das Moose
12/09/2007 10:50am,
The presssure drill, each technique we learn is pressure tested, the defender stands in the room with their eyes closed, and waits to be attacked, the defence then has to be applied. There can be some bad language, as we try to recreate a bit of realism.

This is not aliveness.

uneasywerewolf
12/10/2007 2:04pm,
this review makes me feel better about my own less than perfect account of my School. 9 for practically everything? Really?

whisper
12/25/2007 9:48pm,
9 9 9 8 9 9 9 9?

..yeah. :eusa_eh:

kravdad
12/28/2007 8:22am,
hi guys,
i have just been browsing internet and came across this thread.i am the instructor at KM Bham and am as suprised(but VERY pleased) with the high rating.As i have no idea who posted it i must have a very satisfied student(fingers crossed that the rest of them are as happy! LOL)
Peace

Mac User01
5/09/2008 4:36am,
What is the difference between what is taught here and commando krav maga, no disrespect but is this another 3 day instructor course like the commando krav maga guys ?

Odacon
5/09/2008 7:11am,
Another review that doesn't stick to the guidelines.

Bisho Grilo
7/29/2008 4:28am,
LIAR! Krav MAgay is totally bogus. Y'all can't fight.

kravdad
7/29/2008 6:45am,
Hi guys-the original thread was posted by an unknown student and obviously didnt read the scoring guidlines so dont get to stressed over the original score.probably one of the students who does not attend sparring or grappling sessions as the original thread makes no mention of sparring or grappling wihin the Group

kravdad
7/29/2008 6:46am,
revised scoring

kravdad
7/29/2008 6:56am,
What is the difference between what is taught here and commando krav maga, no disrespect but is this another 3 day instructor course like the commando krav maga guys ?

No idea what CKM course time is..IKMF criteria when i undertook Civilian Instructor Course as follows,..appropriate references must be submitted plus letter of recomendation from current Krav Maga instructor plus acceptable CV detailing current/previous experience in KM/other combat system(s) to black belt level.
Course time 24 days (9am-6pm) in 2 blocks of 9 days and final block of 6 days

kravdad
7/29/2008 7:01am,

No idea what CKM course time is..IKMF criteria when i undertook Civilian Instructor Course as follows,..appropriate references must be submitted plus letter of recomendation from current Krav Maga instructor plus acceptable CV detailing current/previous experience in KM/other combat system(s) to black belt level.
Course time 24 days (9am-6pm) in 2 blocks of 9 days and final block of 6 days

kravdad
5/23/2009 12:51pm,
Hi-i do not know what the Commando Krav Maga course consists of..but the IKMF civilian instructors course is in 3 parts and consists of 9 days ,9 days and then a final 6 days.
Participation on the course has set requirements as laid down by the IKMF.
Certification is ongoing assessment with final testing on the final 5 days covering Theory(written test),Teaching abilities(Instructional),Technical and finally Combat