PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

JohnnyCache
3/03/2007 2:53pm,
The "energy drink" I am reviewing today is good ole convienince store coffee.

Drip-brewed coffee has about 145 miligrams of caffiene per 8 oz serving.

That's twice as much as most of these e-drinks and 3-4 times as much as soda.

It's so cheap, an empty cup almost costs more.

The caffiene assimilates fast, especially if you add about half a teaspoon of sugar for every 8 ozs.

It's lo-cal and widely available. You can make it in your home even cheaper.

For these reasons, I feel coffee is the 'open source' energy drink.

Quit spending all that money on redbull - redbull exists primarially as a mixer for vodka.

EDITED TO ADD MORE NUTRITIONAL JAVA INFO:

Type of Grule:mg of Caffeine

Brewed (8oz): 60-135 mg

Drip (8oz): 115-175 mg

Instant (8oz): 65-100 mg

De-Caff (8oz): 1-5 mg

Espresso (2oz): 100 mg

Tea (Regular, 8oz): 40-60 mg

Tea (Green, 8oz): 20 mg

Phrost
3/03/2007 2:55pm,
Redbull doesn't stain your teeth yellow or make your insides smell like feet. Plus, Redbull & Cognac is my drink of choice. I call it the "Smarmy Prick".

But as an avid coffee drinker, I can't fault you at all.

JohnnyCache
3/03/2007 3:11pm,
If you really want to get crazy, our brazilian chums bottle something for export besides zhoo-zheetsu, namely guarana based sodas that have a pretty good kick.

If you really want to smooth out your "smarmy prick" add some hpnotiq brand "cognac for girls" to it and double up on the redbull. You'll have a sort of pint glass full of smooth, fruity doom.

Phrost
3/03/2007 3:16pm,
Yeah, that'd be too much sugar. The red bull is there mainly to keep me awake. Plus, I'll dip the end of my cigar in it if it's a cheap macanudo or something when I couldn't justify spending $12 or more.

****, now I want a cigar.

GoldenJonas
3/04/2007 1:21am,
Screw coffee!!! Coffee is what makes bathroom magazine racks and Preparation H a necessity in my opinion.

Two cups of coffee, sometimes one, requires I make a reservation with the porcelain podium for a good part of the day; and sometime the following day as well.

RunningDog
3/04/2007 1:58am,
Tea has less caffeine and doesn't mess up your insides as much.

SpringHeeledJack
3/04/2007 2:01am,
Screw coffee!!! Coffee is what makes bathroom magazine racks and Preparation H a necessity in my opinion.

Two cups of coffee, sometimes one, requires I make a reservation with the porcelain podium for a good part of the day; and sometime the following day as well.

I have the same problem. Drink a cup before school/work, and I'm running to the head 30 minutes later.