PDA

View Full Version : 1970s Hatsumi Ninjutsu video

Pages : [1] 2 3

shmuel
2/26/2007 7:08am,
After searching for a long time, I managed to find a link to this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6002873933808703395

Anyone seen this before?

It shows a lot of very Ninja-ish stuff. Dates back to before Stephen Hayes appeared on the scene.

Some pretty impressive ukemi from a young Tanemura.

Plasma
2/26/2007 8:03am,
Wow Japanese playing Ninja.

The Shinobi Taihenjutsu (Flipping/rolling out of the Judo throws) was a great demo of that. Probably the best I've seen on the Internet.

See I know those were the days they spared, so I wished that was on the video, however, it obvious meant to be a demo video.

If a continuation of the Shuko thread, there a demo of the discussed shuko technique.

I am going to leave this in the JMA forum and not transfer it to Video, provided it generates some good discussion.

nterry
2/27/2007 10:14am,
If you know what you're looking at, many of the techniques are very good in this vid. Advanced but subtle. I haven't tried to do the splits upside down in mid-air to lower my center of gravity enough to flip over out of a technique, but I'm betting it's f'n hard. I almost posted this once before, but I cringed at what some of the haters would say about the blinding powder and gi-normous axes.

Mark2001
2/27/2007 2:13pm,
you can find more of his vids here. http://cjj2004.tripod.com/budoryu/ninja_video_downloads.html

shmuel
2/27/2007 2:18pm,
What the **** is Budo Ryu Ninjutsu?

and who is this "Anshu"?

I predict this person will be appearing on Bullshido forum very soon

Plasma
2/27/2007 2:59pm,
Already has

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27146&highlight=Budo+ninjutsu

Its Transvestite Ninjutsu.

Fitz
2/27/2007 3:38pm,
It shows a lot of very Ninja-ish stuff. Dates back to before Stephen Hayes appeared on the scene.

Are you sure about that? Remember SKH started training with Tanemura in 1975.

The Ninja aspects of the Bujinkan were long present, even while Takamatsu was alive. What Hayes brought to the group was a relentless international promotionalism. It certainly worked.

The film footage was part of the collection of film and photography that went into _Togakure-ryu Ninpo Taijutsu_ book originally published in 1983. Richard van Donk sells a translation of mixed quality which makes for a good look at the Bujinkan Kihon. It's pricey though, around $50, so only get it if you're really, really interested.

shmuel
2/27/2007 4:03pm,
What Hayes brought to the group was a relentless international promotionalism. It certainly worked..

Slightly off-topic, but do you think Hayes created the ninja boom of the 80s or do you think he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Did the ninja boom actually create Hayes?

If Hayes hadn't been to Japan in the 70s and discovered Hatsumi, do you think someone else would have simply filled that promotional gap instead of Hayes? Would Doron Novon or someone else have been in that famous position instead?

shmuel
2/27/2007 4:04pm,
Already has

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27146&highlight=Budo+ninjutsu

Its Transvestite Ninjutsu.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for that link!

rw4th
2/28/2007 1:14pm,
After searching for a long time, I managed to find a link to this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6002873933808703395

Anyone seen this before?

Some pretty impressive ukemi from a young Tanemura.

That video is just full of more ninja silliness.

rw4th
2/28/2007 1:16pm,
See I know those were the days they spared, so I wished that was on the video, however, it obvious meant to be a demo video.

How do you know they sparred?

If a continuation of the Shuko thread, there a demo of the discussed shuko technique.

Done force against force. I especially like the part where he pulls the sword out of the guy's hands.

Plasma
2/28/2007 1:24pm,
How do you know they sparred?

Hatsumi little group were very rough and tumble during the 60s and 70s. This was one of the reasons Tanemura Shoto left to set up the Gebukan. The Bujinkan was "softing up." Its ironic that the Genbukan is now going into the same direction 20 years later.

Plasma
2/28/2007 1:28pm,
That video is just full of more ninja silliness.

Elborate please. I thought the Taihenjutsu demo for countering throws was top notch.

MEGALEF
2/28/2007 4:39pm,
Vids of someone backflipping out of osotogari in an alive setting mkay plz.

Plasma
2/28/2007 11:22pm,
Vids of someone backflipping out of osotogari in an alive setting mkay plz.

Esoteric Ninpo Taihenjutsu is hard to find video taped to start with. Finding a specific context would nearly be impossible without me making it myself. I mean it is a demo, but the people is actually trying to throw the person. The attacker is resisting and trying to do the technique. It may not be sparring, but it is not dead, which would be starting the throw and freezing till the counter is done. This more a drilling/demo context, but that as good as you get for many esoteric techniques.

Mark2001
3/01/2007 3:19pm,
Hey Ninjew let me know if have anytrouble finding more of his vids of 1970's, i think i might beable to find more of them.