PDA

View Full Version : Are high-kicks really useful?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Emerald Torch
7/21/2006 8:23pm,
Every almost every real martial artist I know tells me high kicks are completely useless in a fight. But is it true? Mirko Filipovic and Peter Aerts have both been able to use them in fights extremely effectively, but would they work in a real fight?

Torakaka
7/21/2006 8:29pm,
since Cro Cop used them in MMA they are obviously useless in a real fight.

Red Elvis
7/21/2006 8:30pm,
I can't kick for **** when I'm high. All I wanna do is eat. What are you doing kicking when your high anyway? You should be talking to hot chicks or playing Xbox or something useful. Wierd question...

:f-off:

Red Elvis
7/21/2006 8:31pm,
since Cro Cop used them in MMA they are obviously useless in a real fight.

Good point. Cause if you can use it in a real fight than it's not good for a real fight. :ingun:

Torakaka
7/21/2006 8:35pm,
hahaha I just noticed Im doing a high kick in my avatar

CanucKyokushin
7/21/2006 9:24pm,
Every almost every real martial artist I know tells me high kicks are completely useless in a fight. But is it true? Mirko Filipovic and Peter Aerts have both been able to use them in fights extremely effectively, but would they work in a real fight?
****!Ok!It's killing me.Who are these Martial Artist?And why are they 'real'?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
7/21/2006 9:26pm,
I think the most realistic application of high kicks is so pussies can flush the urinal without having to touch the handle.

Emerald Torch
7/21/2006 10:00pm,
****!Ok!It's killing me.Who are these Martial Artist?And why are they 'real'?
Just some friends of mine. By "real" I mean not some white belt. I guess I should have said experianced.

Zevi Saikou
7/21/2006 10:35pm,
High kicks can be useful if you can use them without getting fucked over. Which I suppose depends on the individual and the situation.
Some would say a flying armbar isn't very useful. Some would say a headless torso isn't very useful. But it depends on the situation.

CanucKyokushin
7/21/2006 10:47pm,
Just some friends of mine. By "real" I mean not some white belt. I guess I should have said experianced.
Ah.........find yourself new friends.Ah....like pronto!

Just for the sake of curiosite.What styles do they do?

Shaolinz
7/21/2006 11:11pm,
Fake a roundhouse and teep someone in the face. Priceless.

Emerald Torch
7/21/2006 11:28pm,
Ah.........find yourself new friends.Ah....like pronto!

Just for the sake of curiosite.What styles do they do?
One of them does Kung Fu, while the other one does Tai Chi and 2 other styles I can't remember, but one of them started with an "x".

Shaolinz
7/22/2006 12:28am,
One of them does Kung Fu, while the other one does Tai Chi and 2 other styles I can't remember, but one of them started with an "x".

Ok everyone. Back away from the troll. There will be no feeding of the troll unless said troll looks like this guy :wbossman

sochin101
7/22/2006 10:28am,
Who are these Martial Artist?And why are they 'real'?
I know a surreal martial artist, and asked him about the application of high kicks... he said "reluctantly porcupine" as he pressed caviar into the gaps of a dove's soul whilst bathing in monkey-tears.

Every almost every real martial artist I know tells me high kicks are completely useless in a fight
They're completely correct... unless you need to kick someone in the head, then I think high kicks might be useful...:tard:

CNagy
7/22/2006 10:44am,
A high kick to the head is a dangerous, risky move. I would suggest that you jump up and throw a low kick to the head.

sochin101
7/22/2006 2:12pm,
A high kick to the head is a dangerous, risky move. I would suggest that you jump up and throw a low kick to the head. <writes down advice> ok... that would be a chi-type floaty jump..? Or should I ask them to wait until I climb on top of something?