PDA

View Full Version : Damn city slickers with their pointy hats.

Pages : [1] 2

Planktime
2/10/2006 7:49pm,
This is why Colorado is a cool place to live.

Man killed by elk (http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=5041b143-0abe-421a-016e-7d3949e46344&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf)

MOFFAT COUNTY - A large, 9-year-old domesticated bull elk is believed to have gored to death a 57-year-old man.

Additional Resources...
A man is believed to have been gored to death by an elk on a ranch near Craig. 4 p.m. Feb. 9, 2006. 4 p.m.

"He had a pretty heavy coat on him, it was hard to tell what his injuries are -- but the autopsy will reveal that," said Sgt. Rick Holford, Moffat County Sheriff's Department.

John Renner was on his second day of the job at the Wyman Elk Ranch, about two miles east of Craig. Other ranch hands found his body inside the elk's enclosure Thursday.

Renner had reportedly been told not to go inside the pen that holds Charlie, the elk.

Charlie was raised on the ranch, where he was bottle-fed as a calf. The ranch has a living history museum and children feed the elk there, from outside the enclosures.

The sheriff's office says this serves as an example that even domesticated wild animals are not tame. Charlie is classified as a "7-point" elk, which refers to the considerable size of his antlers.

There is not word yet on what will happen to Charlie, if anything.

HwangJangLee
2/10/2006 8:02pm,
i think what actually killed them was chuck norris.

losttrak
2/10/2006 8:08pm,
i think what actually killed them was chuck norris.

Once a Texas Ranger, such as Chuck Norris, reaches 36th level, he can polymorph-self into various woodland creatures no larger than 8HD. I believe an elk only does 2-8(2d4) pts of damage with its horns, so the guy must have been merely a low-level NPC masquerading as a human. Still... a pity.

HwangJangLee
2/10/2006 8:11pm,
???????????????????????????...............what. Well if you think what i think you think which is that you think what i think then i think your right.

Planktime
2/10/2006 9:08pm,
Once a Texas Ranger, such as Chuck Norris, reaches 36th level, he can polymorph-self into various woodland creatures no larger than 8HD. I believe an elk only does 2-8(2d4) pts of damage with its horns, so the guy must have been merely a low-level NPC masquerading as a human. Still... a pity.

I love your nerdy posts they touch me deep inside where the little skinny punk who played too much d&d still lives.... Note to self carpet bomb that place.

Poop Loops
2/10/2006 9:21pm,

Chuck Norris Polymorphing into an elk is like God Polymorphing into an ant.

HwangJangLee
2/11/2006 12:29am,
yea why would chuck norris take a lesser form, oh because he wants to conseal his idnetety. Chuck is so smart.

Soju_King
2/11/2006 1:33am,
animal morphin is yet another attribute of Chuck Norris' Divinity/Badassness, it comes from his Cherokee heritage

Poop Loops
2/11/2006 3:44am,
Actually, he didn't polymorph into an elk. He just allowed his beard to grow.

losttrak
2/11/2006 6:13pm,
I love your nerdy posts they touch me deep inside where the little skinny punk who played too much d&d still lives.... Note to self carpet bomb that place.

Haha, yes the geek I try to suppress so vehemently is always trying to escape. For each geeky post, the Gods of Coolness push back the date of the next time I have sex by one month. Bastards.

losttrak
2/11/2006 6:15pm,
animal morphin is yet another attribute of Chuck Norris' Divinity/Badassness, it comes from his Cherokee heritage

I hear Chuck fought at the Battle of Wounded Knee... but on the Indian's side. Custer was rumored to be a TKD stylist...

feedback
2/11/2006 6:21pm,
If I'm ever killed by an elk, please don't post the news here.

Poop Loops
2/11/2006 7:26pm,
Just play some Deer Hunter and you'll be fine.

Planktime
2/11/2006 7:30pm,
If I'm ever killed by an elk, please don't post the news here.

You live more in moose country which is much much worse. :qtank:

PT

Teryan
2/11/2006 8:11pm,
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Idiot.

I am living kind of close to Craig. Suprised we did not hear about it.

For every other other person out their who thinks that things like elk are cute and cant hurt you, rember deer have fricken sharp hooves. If you see babies (of any thing), it is beacuse the mother is busy killing some thing else to feed to them and is close by. Stay away.

Poop Loops
2/11/2006 9:07pm,
I would rather make an ironic situation by eating the babies, instead.