PDA

View Full Version : The Airsoft Arms Race Begins!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Stick
2/07/2006 1:14am,
My old man came down to visit for the weekend. In the course of sitting around and talking he mentioned taking a tactical pistol course up at Leavenworth and we ended up talking about this for quite a while. Dad's a colonel in the army, a good shot by army standards, but West Point wasn't exactly teaching people to drive the gun back in the 70's; he's loving the course. Turns out that as part of it they do an opfor exercise done either with special training rounds or just with airsoft guns: shooting house stuff. I showed him my POS airsoft crap and we did a little searching on the internet for a Glock 19 to match the one he trains with.

Now I figure it's time for me to latch onto some new, crazy, money-spending hobby and airsoft seems as good as any.

Well, I've had enough of piddling around with the shitty spring and clear plastic electric airsoft guns I've bought up to this point. No longer will I tolerate having to pull the slide back on a pisotl between each shot. No longer will I tolerate something that feels like it will fall apart in my hand. No longer will I tolerate something made of clear plastic.

My current arsenal conssists of a green gas powered Colt 1911 with no functional slide, a think strip like magazine, and all shitty plastic construction; a sort of mini-uzi/innacurate Mac 10 gas powered and fully automatic, the body is all light plastic while the clip is solid metal construction that gies the whole weapon weight, works pretty well but it's going to just fall apart someday; a crossman hack of an M4 carbine bought at wal-mart for like $35, electric and fully automatic, it's fun but it too feels like cheap ****.

I am not interested in anything larger than an MP5. Because of my eyesight, fighting on open ground is one step shy of suicide; I want to do lots of indoor ****, close quarters. I know this is easier said than done, but even if I have to play outside, there's no point in me buying something that can shoot accurately ten times farther than I can see.

First I think I'll work my way in, a decent gas blowback pistol. Since I'm no crack shot I want something with burst or auto fire in addition to semi.

I've looked around a bit, really unclear as to which online seller would be considered an authority, other than first factory in Japan and there's no way I'm paying for shipping from Osaka.

Anywho:

KWA Glock 26 full auto, full metal. $129.95 (http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-KSC-G26C-MET.htm)

KSC M93R, semi auto/3-round burst, metal construction, 40 rounds, $134.95. (http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-KSC-M93R-MET.htm)

If anyone out there has any input on where to shop, what companies to avoid or go for, or has something resembling advice please share.

I hope to get some good jokes about me using anything even remotely like a gun out of this thread.

Roidie McDouchebag
2/07/2006 1:19am,
Umm...you're American, why not buy real guns? I mean, besides the obvious "I can't shoot my friends with them and laugh" thing.

Anna Kovacs
2/07/2006 1:22am,
Umm...you're American, why not buy real guns? I mean, besides the obvious "I can't shoot my friends with them and laugh" thing.

Real americans dont mind gunshot wounds.

DerAuslander
2/07/2006 1:23am,
Real americans dont mind gunshot wounds.

Word. John Wayne never bitched about no flesh wound.

Stick
2/07/2006 1:24am,
I want to shoot people and not go to prison, it really is that obvious and easy.

These are cheaper and I can play with them without having to be responsible, thus maintaining my childish spirit and further staving off the horror of adulthood.

I mean..... uh... guns kill people? I object on moral grounds? Deep seeded fear?

Anna Kovacs
2/07/2006 1:26am,
I am actually hoping this thread goes in a productive informative direction beause i am interested in getting into airsoft myself, i dont have enough hobbies to keep my unemployed ass busy yet.

Roidie McDouchebag
2/07/2006 1:26am,
I once shot myself in the foot with a condensed plug of bread (like, the stuff you eat) from an air rifle, just to see what would happen. What happened was me hopping up and down on one foot screaming like a little girl, and a vow never to shoot myself with anything again.

The top of my foot was black for a week.

Anna Kovacs
2/07/2006 1:27am,
Fuckin canadians.

Stick
2/07/2006 1:31am,
Eat bread, cannuck!

Anywho, yes all mocking aside.

Info?

Also, Anna, you get yourself one and we can have us a right proper duel. Pistols at dawn, 20 paces, blindfolds!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2/07/2006 1:31am,
Airsoft? Back when I was a boy, we shot each other with plain ol' BB-guns, and it was the ****. Now you kids have plastic BBs, and gameguys that play movies, and toys without dangerous metal edges. What the hell is that?

Stick
2/07/2006 1:33am,
Your parents gave you those toys in the hope that evolution would take care of you....

Roidie McDouchebag
2/07/2006 1:36am,
Also, Anna, you get yourself one and we can have us a right proper duel. Pistols at dawn, 20 paces, blindfolds!

Make that 10 paces...we're talking airsoft here.

Airsoft? Back when I was a boy, we shot each other with plain ol' BB-guns, and it was the ****. Now you kids have plastic BBs, and gameguys that play movies, and toys without dangerous metal edges. What the hell is that?

No fucking kidding! I used to shoot my brother and my friends all the time with my BB gun, if it ain't in the eye, it's no reason to cry...except the time I shot my brother in the head with a pellet and they had to make a pretty big incision to get it out, that wasn't funny.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2/07/2006 1:36am,
Evolution isn't so tough!

Anna Kovacs
2/07/2006 1:38am,
Make that 10 paces...we're talking airsoft here.

I liked 20 paces better, keep in mind he's almost blind ;)

Stick
2/07/2006 1:41am,
Also, the **** pieces I picked up in Japan can cover 20 paces without a problem. The ones I'm looking at now are purportedly accurate at full auto at over 50 yards- well past my sight.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2/07/2006 1:43am,
The ones I'm looking at now are purportedly accurate at full auto at over 50 yards- well past my sight.

How do you drive?