PDA

View Full Version : Mail-order MA certificates

Pages : [1] 2

haughty
12/26/2005 9:11pm,
Hey, all.

I was reading about Ashida Kim the other day, and I was perplexed with what I found. Apparently, Kim had been selling black belt "certificates" through the mail. This seems ridiculous to me, but one Bullshido article implied that such a practice is acceptable, so long as the buyer deserves the certificate.

So the question became, would Davis/Hunter/Kim sell a black belt certificate to anyone, or did he actually screen applicants and require a video tape or proof of rank as he claimed to do. [sic] (http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&id=160)

So, my question is, is there such a thing as a reputable black belt certificate vendor? If not, what was the point of the Kim sting?

P.S. I don't appreciate the mods moving my previous thread to Trollshido. The morons who spammed it shouldn't ruin it for the rest of us.

Jitsuman
12/26/2005 9:35pm,
Hey, all.

I was reading about Ashida Kim the other day, and I was perplexed with what I found. Apparently, Kim had been selling black belt "certificates" through the mail.

P.S. I don't appreciate the mods moving my previous thread to Trollshido. The morons who spammed it shouldn't ruin it for the rest of us.

Ashida Kim? Mail order black belt certificates?

No way dude!!

Great find!!

Off to trollshido with your dumb ass (again)

Cormoran
12/26/2005 9:45pm,
So, my question is, is there such a thing as a reputable black belt certificate vendor? If not, what was the point of the Kim sting?

The question is irrelevant. Ashida himself attempted to use that as a defence, just because others might be doing what he does doesn't make what he does any less worse than it is.

Damn i hope that made sense.

haughty
12/26/2005 9:51pm,
In my last thread, which was mistakenly moved to Trollshido, I ignored spam posts such as that above. Maybe I shouldn't, from now on.

Ashida Kim? Mail order black belt certificates?

No way dude!!

Great find!!

Off to trollshido with your dumb ass (again)

I'm not talking about Ashida Kim. I'm talking about mail-order black belt certificates.

BigNinjaPimp
12/26/2005 9:58pm,
You're really stupid id you cant see it has to do with other things besides the mail order certificates.

haughty
12/26/2005 10:04pm,
You're really stupid id you cant see it has to do with other things besides the mail order certificates.

What has to do with other things? Ashida Kim? That's not what this thread is about. It's about mail-order certificates. You've got it backwards!

Cormoran
12/26/2005 10:31pm,
If it's not about Ashida Kim then why did you mention him four times in your post? It also wasn't about barney the dinosaur and since you didn't mention him four times no one replied about it.

On mail order certificates in general, i'd go for the skeptical view, i just don't see some video being able to show just what a black belt could do, and if you already had the qualifications then you simply don't need some mail-order black belt certificate.

As a side note, i had to laugh that a search on mail order black belts on yahoo yields ashida's wikipedia entry.

haughty
12/26/2005 10:37pm,
If it's not about Ashida Kim then why did you mention him four times in your post?

Because Kim is my only reference point. I don't know of any other mail-order black belt vendors.

haughty
12/26/2005 11:11pm,
Jesus Christ. I can't believe this was so difficult.

bodar
12/26/2005 11:20pm,
Think about this real hard. If someone were able to assess another's skill in any martial art, wouldn't he have to be an expert himselfwant., right? So how can any one man grant legitimate certificates in any martial art you claim to be "11th degree master" of?

Kim was caught selling a black belt cert in Vale Tudo, a style that has no ranks and that he knows absolutely jack about. The point was to conclusively prove that he's a fraud and a liar, which it did. The fact that he didn't ask for any proof of rank is just icing. So, no. There is no such thing as a legitimate black belt cert vendor. If you actually earn a black belt, you will more than likely get one from the school or its governing body.

P.S. - You might want to change your style field, genius.

JKDChick
12/27/2005 12:19am,
Yes, actually. The style field thing. Put in a real style or "nothing" or I'll do it for you, thanks.

jubei33
12/27/2005 12:20am,
paging aesopian, Aesopian clean up aisle 3....

Jitsuman
12/27/2005 1:31am,
this dumbfuck really needs to get banned.

haughty
12/27/2005 6:49am,
So, no. There is no such thing as a legitimate black belt cert vendor. If you actually earn a black belt, you will more than likely get one from the school or its governing body.

Thank you. Was that so difficult?

Jesus...

haughty
12/27/2005 7:01am,
this dumbfuck really needs to get banned.

No, you need to get banned for spamming threads.

Cormoran
12/27/2005 7:42am,
Jesus Christ. I can't believe this was so difficult.

Thank you. Was that so difficult?

Jesus...

These sorts of replies don't help you any.

We were kind enough to answer a question which common sense could have answered and all you do is indignantly mumble in the corner about how long it took.

I'm really starting to think that the 'heightened awareness' under your style is drug related.