PDA

View Full Version : What do you do about blisters and cracking feet?

Pages : [1] 2

j416to
8/13/2004 7:44pm,
I occasionally get blisters on the bottom of my pivot foot doing Muay Thai, and if I'm not careful, they can turn into bleeding cracks. Cracks that are continually torn open, practice after practice.

So here's the deal. Last weekend I had to go thought the 3 hr Fighter's test, to grade up to a Basic Techniques Instructor. (yeah, yeah, I passed) And I had a crack on the bottom of my foot. A crack that I knew was just waiting to be torn open during the test. So, in desperation, I super glued it closed. And it worked! It didn't tear open during the 3 hr test, and its now healed shut.

So was this a stupid thing to do? Will I now die of cancer, or lose my foot, in a week or two?

Roidie McDouchebag
8/13/2004 7:46pm,
Read the package of the super glue, it'll tell you if it's toxic. However, I'd invest in some shoes.

j416to
8/13/2004 7:54pm,
Originally posted by I Choke You
Read the package of the super glue, it'll tell you if it's toxic. However, I'd invest in some shoes.

I read the package and it doesn't say, one way or the other. But it does say that I should call poison control if I bond my eyelids closed. Not sure how someone could actually do that, with their eyes glued shut?

And I can't wear boxing shoes during practice. All the practices are done barefoot. I usually don't go to practice if my foot blisters up, or I stop as soon as it does.

Mr. Mantis
8/13/2004 8:12pm,
Considering your circumstances I think you rose to the occassion and took appropriate measures.

Good job!

It won't kill you, I think I did it to my hand one time, no problems.

But for cracked skin: Break out the Utter balm.

j416to
8/13/2004 8:22pm,
Originally posted by Mr_Mantis
But for cracked skin: Break out the Utter balm.

*laughing*...does that stuff really work? It's really hard to find that stuff on the shelf, or you have to battle through all the women to even get near it, ever since Shania Twain admitted to using that stuff.

patfromlogan
8/13/2004 10:38pm,
Sandals give me cracks; specially rubber cheap ones. The most expensive type good skin lotion helps a lot. You mitht try the one's with urea (or pee on yourself, some brick masons do this on their hands)

And super glue is approved by my first aid guide.

j416to
8/13/2004 10:58pm,
Originally posted by patfromlogan
You mitht try the one's with urea (or pee on yourself, some brick masons do this on their hands)

And super glue is approved by my first aid guide.

Hey, thanks for the info! That's a relief.

And my 8 week old son has been peeing on me daily, unfortunately nowhere near my feet!

knight_errant
8/14/2004 12:26pm,
Blisters? Pop 'em and cover them with a plaster. Do NOT just jab the fucker in the middle. Make a small incision on the side of the blister and drain the fluid. A mate once jabbed her blisters, and was in agony for the remaining 7.5 miles...

Roidie McDouchebag
8/14/2004 12:32pm,
"And I can't wear boxing shoes during practice. All the practices are done barefoot."

Man...I'd find another club, or at least talk to your instructor and say something like "My feet fucking hurt, if I wear these shoes, they will not, nor will the shoes hurt anyone or anything else." don't get boxing or wrestling shoes, get the ones that are for kung fu, tkd, etc. like these:

http://www.centuryfitness.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=64327

knight_errant
8/14/2004 12:37pm,
You can get special martial arts trainers- sens wears them.

Moleculo
8/14/2004 12:44pm,
Superglue goes inert when it cures; you have nothing to worry about.

I use it all the time for work related cuts and this third arm that ended up growing out of my chest comes in handy for blocking groin kicks.

j416to
8/14/2004 6:06pm,
Originally posted by I Choke You
"And I can't wear boxing shoes during practice. All the practices are done barefoot."

....at least talk to your instructor and say something like "My feet fucking hurt, if I wear these shoes, they will not, nor will the shoes hurt anyone or anything else."......

Thanks!....I'm gonna check out a pair of these shoes...and see what they say at the club....they might give me a break...being an old guy and all...

j416to
8/14/2004 6:07pm,
Originally posted by mike reese
Superglue goes inert when it cures; you have nothing to worry about.

I use it all the time for work related cuts and this third arm that ended up growing out of my chest comes in handy for blocking groin kicks.

hmmm...mebbe I could grow one of them as well....and superglue it someplace lower....yes!

Smeagol
8/14/2004 6:35pm,
superglue was MADE to "heal" wounds.

Dibble
8/16/2004 2:43pm,
duct tape.

Chupacabra
8/18/2004 9:05am,
walk barefoot all the time and callus them up.

until then super glue is okay.

Oh Oh Oh ..... and i think you can run rubbing alcohol onto your feet every day. it's supposed to make the skin get thicker