PDA

View Full Version : Tom Patire - Grand Master of Hom Do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Rogue
12/30/2002 1:59pm,
"I not looking for the easy way but I went on Krav's Forum and they seem to believe it's the
ultimate." And the surprise is?????

"Me and Jes were going to attend a day to train." Good idea.

"Have you work out with those Israel Dudes?" It's hard to find Isreali dudes teaching. The main guy in the US is Darren something and is an LAPD if I got it right.

"Is it all smoke? Krav ads say its hard core military stuff."
The Krav I've come across, which wasn't much, was a civilian version. Also don't buy into military systems being easy to learn, street applicable or anything else that gets put into ad copy. I've trained under three spec-ops guys and all three had the same things in common, they trained constantly, they've trained long, they trained traditional and none taught much of what they used in the field(which was offensize and not defensive) to civilians. Most of those selling systems supposedly used by LEOs, spec-ops, and the FBI HRT are selling more fantasy than substance.

Tart-Do
12/30/2002 2:39pm,
Roguey,

I called for info and the Levine Dude isn't a cop he's a lawyer, Deputy District Something. That's kool if he trains me and i get into a bad run he could back my ass up.

cyberstalker
12/30/2002 6:24pm,
Krav, CDT, the Death touch...Shed pounds and inches without dieting, make a million dollars while working from home. it seems like everyone is looking for something without the old methods of knowledge and hard work.

SamHarber
12/30/2002 6:28pm,
How long before someone comes out with "Self Defence Through Hypno Therapy"?

Freddy
12/30/2002 7:56pm,
Too funny!

PEACE!

SamHarber
12/30/2002 8:25pm,
I'm half serious, its all to easy to imagine an infomercial saying things like "Unlock your primal rage, control your killer instinct" "No prior knowledge of martial arts or fighting required, everything you need is already within YOU" "React without hesitation with your bodies built in survival techniques"
I'm partially of a mind to trademark these slogans.

Vargas
12/30/2002 9:14pm,
Don't worry, Sam, it would never work. People, especially in the U.S., LOVE hard work and toil. They would never try some short-cut that has zero proof of effectiveness. No one has ever made any money by betting on the laziness of the average citizen, it just never works. P.T. Barnum was WRONG!

Thermongenics? Ab-blasters? Liposuction? That short-lived asinine attempt to use electrical current for an ab work-out? No one buys, much less uses, that ****! I'm telling you, people adore the idea of sweating their ass off in the pursuit of a long-term goal.

Or I could be completely out to lunch. Waddaya think?

The Wastrel
12/30/2002 9:17pm,
Lunch-Time!

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Tart-Do
12/30/2002 9:48pm,
Paranoid Man and Waspy,

I went on the Krav site and on one of the threads they had a inner battle about a past and future Krav infomercial. The first one did not make it. The Kravers are hating the idea of an info, they say its a sell out.

They have some coin behind them so maybe it my be TAE -BO in army gear.

Any Dudes see the first one?

If that don't fly Levine could do a Weight Watchers for the Arts.

The Poet
12/30/2002 11:42pm,
Listen up because The Poet is here,
Krav Maga is gay and John Whitman is a queer.

They are a bunch of faggots that's what I hear,
Especially Levine, he takes it up his rear!!

Love,

The Poet xxx

The Wastrel
12/31/2002 12:48am,
Hey! I'm the only one who uses the definite article around here! Your lines don't scan! Post-modernist!

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Vargas
12/31/2002 1:05am,
Now if you could just refer to yourself in the third person all the time, you'll be set!

The Vargas has left the building

The Wastrel
12/31/2002 1:13am,
Hey Vargas, I tried this, but my first name is Christian, so everyone thinks I'm either some kind of religious nutcase, or some kind of infidel...

SamHarber
12/31/2002 6:48am,
just refer to yourself as "The Peoples Wastrel"
That should get you some respect :)

cyberstalker
1/05/2003 2:09pm,
On the plus side, research into Hom-Do is what actually let me to this site. I think the best part about CDT are the skinhead para military outfits that they wear.

Are CDT techniques effective?....probably at least somewhat since they have roped in so many practicing martial arts practitioners. Are they worth the money being asked for the clases...HELL no!!.

I think that many martial arts teachers love it because the whole distribution method seems to be based upon a cult like pyramid scheme complete with mental indocrination. I think CDT has put a great deal of money in some peoples pockets, while taking a great deal out of others.

Remember when we used to avoid being sued or going to jail, by making sure we avoided physical conflicts whenever possible, and ensuring that our own behavior is justified. Now I guess the solution is to alter our techniques....Poooleeezze.

jeffeisenberg
1/12/2003 10:29am,
Let me see if I understand you "x-student".
Tom makes claims in his ads and bio. When asked to substantiate them, he complains that he is being bad mouthed because he is now a "name" in the arts. Since when is questioning someone on what they have said bad mouthing them? Show me one post that
is a personal attack, yet all his or his peoples responses are all personal attacks. He says anyone in a chat room must be unsuccsessful, yet he spends all his time writing a monthly article to do damage control
over whats going on in the chat rooms. I would have thought he would have jumped at the chance to prove us all wrong, and wouldn't that have been much easier . I guess his not answering is the answer itself. As long as the
attacks keep coming on me, mike and phil, than so will our responses. Get our questions answered for us, and it all goes away...