PDA

View Full Version : I've started training at a McDojo!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Punisher
6/02/2004 11:29pm,
Just for the record I know it's real, I just rather pretend it isn't.

CrashStitches
6/02/2004 11:37pm,
pure gold:

"EFFECTIVENESS >

You will never find a more devastatingly practical and complete form of self-defense in the world. The West-Wind student is trained in every aspect of unarmed combat known to mankind; karatedo, kung-fu, jujitsu and boxing all share an integral part of the West-Wind curriculum. In addition, all forms of weapons from the traditional bo staff to modern day firearm tactics are taught to supplement your empty hand training. And most importantly the West-Wind student learns to hone the most powerful and effective weapon of all; their mind, to ensure all of life's conflicts can be resolved without resorting to force."

stoogejitsu
6/02/2004 11:50pm,
My hats off to you bunyip.

bunyip
6/02/2004 11:53pm,
Originally posted by Punisher
Just for the record I know it's real, I just rather pretend it isn't.

You can try, but it'll be difficult. Here's a map from the NorCal Throwdown to the West Wind school. Unfortunately there's no classes on Sundays, but maybe that means they'll be free to visit us!

CrashStitches
6/03/2004 12:00am,
hmmm....challenge matches? The walk would be a semi-adequate warmup.

Rashomon
6/03/2004 12:05am,
"recommend an affordable training program based upon your interest and budget"

Translation - "Once we figure out how much we can take you for..."

Rashomon
6/03/2004 12:09am,
OMG! I can't believe it's that near the McThrowdown. Of course, you just know that nobody from WW will show up. Heck, they don't even start POINT sparring until after two years. By that time, their students have "hone[d] the most powerful and effective weapon of all; their mind, to ensure all of life's conflicts can be resolved without resorting to force".

peetree
6/03/2004 12:13am,
omg in the pictures from their website the instructors are wearing headsets...

i think i just shat my pants.

Te(V)plar
6/03/2004 12:39am,
Wow... just wow.

Kudos to Bunyip's kickass muckracking skills. Seriously, something should be done to expose these cocksuckers for what they are. Seriously, I figuire a local newspaper or tv station would chomp at the bit to make an expose on these fucks. This is a complete outrage.

bunyip
6/03/2004 12:45am,
The problem is that $400/month is really not that unreasonable for a 1-hour private and a couple group lessons each week. Carlos Machado charges $300 for a 1-hour private, and $50-$100 an hour for a private with a BJJ black belt is pretty standard.

The real issue is the complete crap that that West Wind is teaching for that price, which is a lot harder for a TV station to explain in a couple sound bites.

Te(V)plar
6/03/2004 12:50am,
You can argue that their business practices are unethical. A lawyer could probably argue that they're making their customers honor contracts they signed under duress. I'm no lawyer, of course, but even if this **** is legal (which it gets by on the skin of its teeth if it really is) it definitely merits media attention.

Darting Fingers
6/03/2004 1:07am,
Perhaps rather than hall of fame, Bunyip should have "Bullshido Deep Cover Agent".
Props Bunyip.

willy
6/03/2004 1:13am,
judo= 40 insurance+10 club fee for 1 year..... that's right i could take 9 YEARS of judo for one month of westwind karate. damn

eniel
6/03/2004 2:25am,
great read, thanks bunyip.

J-kid
6/03/2004 2:44am,
bunyip you have been awarded the 007 award of the year, phrost should give you something special for your undercover work.....

Great work, the world is safe once again because of you.

Beavis
6/03/2004 4:11am,
Bunyip, that was a great read. :)