PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Brazil - Good Muay thai schools in São Paulo?

Vasquinho
10/06/2017 2:23pm,
Hello,

I am moving to Brazil, São Paulo for a year and need some solid advice on good schools. If in São Bernardo dos Campos area even better since I want to avoid long drives through the city.

I really want to do proper muay thai but when I search I keep getting the cardio "kickboxing" stuff or some wannabe muay thai schools. The few schools I found that seem to have potential have sparring videos and they are awful to say the least. I am open to doing sambo, sando, boxing and even judo if there aren´t any good schools in that area.

Here is the "best" I could find online but not totally impressed. Maybe someone knows about this place? coliseuteamacademia.com.br/modalidades/lutas/muay-thai
Then in this club you can see the awful sparring videos: tigerthai.com.br/galeria/videos/ . It might be really good but the videos are deceiving...anyone with experience from this school?

PS: I found Kudo club, don´t know the quality and maybe someone here has first hand experience of the club. I believe it is in Santo Andre area, close to São Bernardo.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Vasquinho

Diesel_tke
10/06/2017 3:57pm,
lol! Moving to Brazil and want to study anything but BJJ. That would be like me moving to Thailand and wanting to find a good Greco Roman Wrestling school. :D

Tramirezmma
10/06/2017 4:40pm,
Hello,

I am moving to Brazil, São Paulo for a year and need some solid advice on good schools. If in São Bernardo dos Campos area even better since I want to avoid long drives through the city.

I really want to do proper muay thai but when I search I keep getting the cardio "kickboxing" stuff or some wannabe muay thai schools. The few schools I found that seem to have potential have sparring videos and they are awful to say the least. I am open to doing sambo, sando, boxing and even judo if there aren´t any good schools in that area.

Here is the "best" I could find online but not totally impressed. Maybe someone knows about this place? coliseuteamacademia.com.br/modalidades/lutas/muay-thai
Then in this club you can see the awful sparring videos: tigerthai.com.br/galeria/videos/ . It might be really good but the videos are deceiving...anyone with experience from this school?

PS: I found Kudo club, don´t know the quality and maybe someone here has first hand experience of the club. I believe it is in Santo Andre area, close to São Bernardo.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Vasquinho

Go do BJJ you silly person.

Lindz
10/06/2017 4:43pm,
Judo is bigger than bjj in Brazil.

Diesel_tke
10/09/2017 12:43pm,
Do BJJ anyway.