PDA

View Full Version : NEWS! Paladin Press is closing!

Pages : [1] 2

baby_cart
10/02/2017 8:40pm,
just made some time from my busy sched. dunno where to post this, but since this section gets traffic, here it is:

http://paladin-pressblog.com/2017/09/28/paladin-press-is-closing/

At the end of the year, Paladin Press will be going out of business. There will be no more books or videos sold after November 29, 2017. We are incredibly grateful to all of our amazing customers and authors for their continued loyalty and support over the decades. Please continue to check Paladin’s Facebook, Twitter, and website pages for more information about the closure and the deep discounts on our current inventory. But remember: supplies are limited. Buy these Paladin books and videos while you still can.

everyone make sure to grab copies of those good and awful videos (i mean, not everything paladin press made works and is not bullshido), for the awesomeness and the lulz. we owe the future generations these records.

p.s. grab a copy of street sword for posterity!

BackFistMonkey
10/02/2017 9:03pm,
Do not give money to people like Paladin Press. I suggest buying the book second hand.
You did pick the right forum and thanks for the info, I would never have known they were calling it quits.

Permalost
10/02/2017 10:09pm,
Is it so terrible to give money to people who screwed over Ashida Kim and company?

BackFistMonkey
10/02/2017 11:06pm,
Is it so terrible to give money to people who screwed over Ashida Kim and company?

I missed the final verdict on the screwing over Ashida part, it got all complicated once it was shown most of the material was stolen from other sources or something.

I thought Paladin was mainly hell bent on screwing everyone over, specifically the customers seeking legit information?

PDA
10/03/2017 6:02am,
Ashida Kim vs Paladin Press is kinda like the special Olympics of lawsuits.

Diesel_tke
10/03/2017 7:41am,
I better hurry over and get all the books and videos on my wish list:

Survival Poaching
Extreme Wing Chun
Qinna against the Knife
All of the Kem- 'ba-tivz videos.
Combat applications of the Tactical Tomahawk
Urban Knife Warfare
Silent Killing - Nazi Counters to Fairbairn-Sykes Techniques
How to Fight Tough
Gutter Fighting
How to become a professional con artist

<facepalm>

Permalost
10/03/2017 1:08pm,
I better hurry over and get all the books and videos on my wish list:

Survival Poaching
Extreme Wing Chun
Qinna against the Knife
All of the Kem- 'ba-tivz videos.
Combat applications of the Tactical Tomahawk
Urban Knife Warfare
Silent Killing - Nazi Counters to Fairbairn-Sykes Techniques
How to Fight Tough
Gutter Fighting
How to become a professional con artist

<facepalm>

That Nazi one is hilariously bad. Like "a GI is stabbing you in the guts- bend over at the waist while doing an X block as you toe kick his shin with no hip action whatsoever".

Diesel_tke
10/03/2017 3:53pm,
lol. I could spend all day laughing at all the crazy bullshit on there. I'd like to know how much money they have actually made off all of that.

GrouchyOldMan
10/03/2017 9:37pm,
I thought Paladin was mainly hell bent on screwing everyone over, specifically the customers seeking legit information?

Mainly, but maybe not completely. I was told once by an acquaintance (brother of a friend), who is a master bladesmith, that several of the best books on the subject of blade making were available through Paladin Press.

I always looked at Paladin as the P.T. Barnum of the publishing universe. They offered a side-show of "non-fictional" oddities, who's existence you would have never even known of. Most of the menagerie is obviously bullshit to all but the dimmest or most willfully ignorant. There are rare instances where something is exactly what it is presented to be, but the magnitude of implausability from everything that surrounds it causes you to not believe it. And, Paladin is quite content to not give a damn if you are a believer or not-as long as you pay the price of admission, you are free to make up your own mind.

I actually enjoy reading old Paladin books from time to time, in the same context that people enjoy professional wrestling and magic acts. Of course it's not real, but it's fun to suspend disbelief, laugh at the absurdity, or just reminisce of the adolescent naivety that allowed me to truly believe that those yellow pages contained the key to unlocking and mastering The Dark Art of Death.

Diesel_tke
10/04/2017 8:44am,
Interestingly, I was reading an article on knife throwing last night that popped up from a survival website and the video linked to a paladin press video about how to throw a knife without putting a spin on it. Wasn't a bad video, haven't tried the technique because it was for throwing knives and I don't think it would work with what I use.

Holy Moment
10/04/2017 3:40pm,
Street Sword

Street Krav Maga

Street Combat MMA

Street Knife Throwing

Strictly Street Stuff

Safe in the Street

Street Stick Combat

The Savage Science of Streetfighting

Street Sambo

Street Chin Na

Street Streeting

GrouchyOldMan
10/04/2017 4:04pm,
Too lazy to check... how many of those are actual titles?

hungryjoe
10/04/2017 6:00pm,

Street Penis

Tranquil Suit
10/04/2017 6:08pm,
Street Penis

I'll buy THAT for a dollar.

W. Rabbit
10/04/2017 6:08pm,

Every single one except for the last is a real title from PP, most are available via Amazon.

Street Sword

Street Krav Maga

Street Combat MMA

Street Knife Throwing

Strictly Street Stuff

Safe in the Street

Street Stick Combat

The Savage Science of Streetfighting

Street Sambo

Street Chin Na

Street Streeting

W. Rabbit
10/04/2017 6:11pm,
Are you already a PP subscriber? If so, PP gave your username and credentials to their contractor, Platform Purple, Inc., a content delivery startup in Los Angeles.

"Purple Player" app...is about as legit as it sounds. It's one of the worst rated Android apps I've ever seen on the Google Play store.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwxyjgdBmZ1qlo1lto1_400.gif

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PALADIN ON-DEMAND VIDEO CUSTOMERS

A number of Paladin customers have contacted us to find out about how their On-Demand videos will be supported after Paladin closes. We have prepared the following instructions and guidance for them.

Paladin’s On Demand platform is serviced by an independent contractor, Platform Purple, and we have been assured that the current video database will remain available for online streaming for the foreseeable future. This means that you can go to https://go.platformpurple.com/library, sign in with your current account, and watch the videos by streaming over the Internet connection. Further purchases will not be available, as the platform will be frozen as is, due to copyright requirements.

Along with streaming, you can download any of your purchases through the Purple Player apps. When you download a product through one of the apps, it downloads to your local hard drive or mobile storage, and you will enjoy perfect playback, even if your internet connection is slow or intermittent, or even if you are completely offline. The links to download the free apps are at the top of your library page. Just click on the icon for the device for which you want to get an app. These apps are available for the following:

• Windows laptop and desktop computers
• Macintosh laptop and desktop computers
• iOS mobile devices like iPads, iPhones and iPods
• Android tablets and smartphones

We strongly recommend that you download your videos to your local computer and make a copy of your local library by saving all files to a separate hard drive, just to be on the safe side. All these videos are encrypted with a proprietary codec that will allow playing the media files only with the apps developed by Platform Purple.

Thank you for your support throughout the years and for trusting Paladin Press as your provider for quality content from The Professional Action Library. We know that the authors invested a lot of their time and expertise into making these videos, and we hope that they will choose to continue to make them available after Paladin closes.

For customer support after January 1, 2018, contact Platform Purple at https://go.platformpurple.com/support?e=paladinpress.