PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with thirsty people trying to flirt with others in the gym?

Pages : [1] 2

big maclol
9/27/2017 12:29pm,
Obviously, just try to pull them to the side and talk to them. lol.

I've been to a fair amount of gyms and usually this isn't a big deal (in my experience) but I just wonder how instructors would deal with it? I've dated a lady at my gym once a few years ago but it was so subtle and just came naturally.

I'm really talking about the type of people who uncomfortably try to flirt with someone of the opposite sex during or after training?

Anyone deal with this? this is mostly a gym owner issue but it could potentially make other gym mates uncomfortable.

BKR
9/27/2017 4:35pm,
Obviously, just try to pull them to the side and talk to them. lol.

I've been to a fair amount of gyms and usually this isn't a big deal (in my experience) but I just wonder how instructors would deal with it? I've dated a lady at my gym once a few years ago but it was so subtle and just came naturally.

I'm really talking about the type of people who uncomfortably try to flirt with someone of the opposite sex during or after training?

Anyone deal with this? this is mostly a gym owner issue but it could potentially make other gym mates uncomfortable.

Well, I tell people to socialize after class. But I don't run a commercial dojo, and have not really had problems with the issue.

I'd think it should be handled ahead of time with a written set of training guidelines that people have to agree to follow before they are allowed to train. If they don't, refund plus sayanora...

Coaching stuff in Judo, not supposed to date students. That's in more of a formal athlete-coach situation, as in competitive athlete training, part of the ethics code we sign when getting certified.

I can state from experience it's not a good idea to date students. I did it once and swore I'd never do it again. And I didn't, either.

Of course, I'm not exactly a chick magnet, now or back then, either....

Holy Moment
9/27/2017 6:23pm,
Just install a fountain, or have some bottled water on hand to sell.

BJMills
9/27/2017 6:38pm,
On that note, I guess I'm just not hip anymore, but what does 'thirsty' mean in this context?

BKR
9/27/2017 6:39pm,
On that note, I guess I'm just not hip anymore, but what does 'thirsty' mean in this context?

They pretend to be thirsty, and use that as an excuse to start a conversation?

BJMills
9/27/2017 6:42pm,
They pretend to be thirsty, and use that as an excuse to start a conversation?

Hey, I'm thirsty. Do you want to go grab a drink? At my place? Naked?

BKR
9/27/2017 6:43pm,
Hey, I'm thirsty. Do you want to go grab a drink? At my place? Naked?

I've got some coconut oil, er, I mean, water...

BKR
9/27/2017 6:45pm,
Hi, I'm ____, I see you are sweating heavily, and I'm thirsty and in need of electrolytes, mind if I have a drink?

BackFistMonkey
9/27/2017 9:15pm,

Public behavior during which one exhibits a desperate need for attention.
Often misused to mean "mentally disabled person who is sexually aroused by Drake and the BackStreet Boys".

BJMills
9/27/2017 10:18pm,
Often misused to mean "mentally disabled person who is sexually aroused by Drake and the BackStreet Boys".

Oh... that's me!

BackFistMonkey
9/27/2017 10:29pm,
... honestly I am pretty sure it just means horny to the point that someone is being whiney or annoying about it.

hungryjoe
9/27/2017 10:33pm,
Sorry, I only can come up with something something ball sweat.

I fail and hang head accordingly.

BKR
9/27/2017 10:51pm,
Sorry, I only can come up with something something ball sweat.

I fail and hang head accordingly.

Well Joe you got to go with what you know best...

hungryjoe
9/27/2017 11:01pm,
Well Joe you got to go with what you know best...

Yea and yet whom among us is the most depraved?

Looking at you BFM.

PDA
9/28/2017 12:15am,
OP = Cock blocker

Kovacs
9/28/2017 12:41am,
So what does 'Netflix and Randori' mean. Am I in with a chance or is that literal?