PDA

View Full Version : The NFL has a tradition of taking a knee

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Bneterasedmynam
9/25/2017 10:13am,
The president is at war with the NFL and NBA over national anthem protests. Now NASCAR has put in it's two cents by saying they will fire anyone who doesn't stand for the anthem. Now I for one am shocked that people who dress like this : https://www.drivepetty.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/RPDE-with-Richard.jpg wouldn't be sympathetic to minorities. Rather than **** up the shitpost thread I figured this topic needed it's own discussion, if it needs to be merged with the Kaepernick thread so be it, but with Trump going to tard mode I wasn't sure if it fit.

I'm particularly curious what the military members think about this.

ChenPengFi
9/25/2017 10:22am,
His way of dress triggers you?
You are a strange fellow.

BKR
9/25/2017 11:19am,

It's just how he starts "discussions".

I was wearing faded and stained Carhartt's, a green pocket T, boots, a sweat stained old ball-cap, 3 knives, one pistol, and 2 extra mags in a olive drab carrier yesterday while out and about, topped off with a camo shell-jacket, and at one point a single-shot .410 shotgun, surrounded by my sons carrying high-powered rifles...

That's heart-attack level triggering...but I've still got all of my teeth, so not quite.

submessenger
9/25/2017 11:24am,
http://www.soulofamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/BPIR-Three_The_Hard_Way.jpg

BKR
9/25/2017 11:24am,
Oh, and to be on-topic, Trump loves drama, so he assumes everybody else does too. And he wouldn't be far from wrong. He has to keep his brand in the news, keep the base stirred up, and the news-media loves drama and controversy. It sells more ad air time so makes them money.

Plus, the ego-driven talking heads of all ideological stripe love it even more.

Trump is doing what Trump does, being a media-attention whore among media attention whores.

He's exposing the whole, sick, dysfunctional (from getting anything practical done) way that our elected officials and society in general is today.

He's a poster boy for a broken system.

Perfect, IMO. Maybe people will pay attention...

BKR
9/25/2017 11:25am,
http://www.soulofamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/BPIR-Three_The_Hard_Way.jpg

So, somebody photo-shopped th only three AA men in America who dress like that...LOL!

Bneterasedmynam
9/25/2017 11:31am,

It doesn't trigger me, I said I don't find it surprising that he doesn't sympathize with their cause.

Bneterasedmynam
9/25/2017 11:32am,

It's called camouflage.

submessenger
9/25/2017 11:35am,
I'm not sure you knew what you were trying to say, but I think it was something like "all people that wear boots, big-ass buckles, and cowboy hats are racists."

Bonus: Billy Ray Thunder is ex-Army and ex-Navy.

Bneterasedmynam
9/25/2017 11:35am,
Oh, and to be on-topic, Trump loves drama, so he assumes everybody else does too. And he wouldn't be far from wrong. He has to keep his brand in the news, keep the base stirred up, and the news-media loves drama and controversy. It sells more ad air time so makes them money.

Plus, the ego-driven talking heads of all ideological stripe love it even more.

Trump is doing what Trump does, being a media-attention whore among media attention whores.

He's exposing the whole, sick, dysfunctional (from getting anything practical done) way that our elected officials and society in general is today.

He's a poster boy for a broken system.

Perfect, IMO. Maybe people will pay attention...

I have no real problem with him stirring ****, but when he calls for boycotts as a person of governmental authority it crosses a line.

submessenger
9/25/2017 11:36am,
It's called camouflage.

And, now you're doubling down on being a bigot. Excellent.

Bneterasedmynam
9/25/2017 11:40am,
I'm not sure you knew what you were trying to say, but I think it was something like "all people that wear boots, big-ass buckles, and cowboy hats are racists."

Bonus: Billy Ray Thunder is ex-Army and ex-Navy.

I wouldn't say ALL of them, but under normal circumstances the percentage chance would be better than 50/50. What does being ex-military have to due with it??

Bneterasedmynam
9/25/2017 11:41am,
And, now you're doubling down on being a bigot. Excellent.

I know sarcasm is sometimes hard to read in a post, but don't be that fucking retarded.

BKR
9/25/2017 11:43am,
I have no real problem with him stirring ****, but when he calls for boycotts as a person of governmental authority it crosses a line.

Naw, he gets to have an opinion just like everybody else, President or not. If he starts proposing legislation, that might be different.

He's stirring ****, too, so WTBD? Creating and amplifying chaos, it's what he does.

Just wait 'til we bomb the **** out of NK, then you will see some real ****-stirring...

submessenger
9/25/2017 11:44am,
What does being ex-military have to due with it??

I'm particularly curious what the military members think about this.

Huh...

BKR
9/25/2017 11:45am,
I wouldn't say ALL of them, but under normal circumstances the percentage chance would be better than 50/50. What does being ex-military have to due with it??

It's great that you are so open and honest with your prejudice.

Quite the breath of fresh air.