PDA

View Full Version : Voter ID - must have valid PosterID to post here

Pages : [1] 2

Bneterasedmynam
9/07/2017 12:13pm,
Again, your opinion. Some places wherein open dialog is to be had between persons of differing viewpoints-

http://www.bridgealliance.us/ourmembers

found through

https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/can_we_bring_the_usa_back_together_again

Ummm...just no. Actions speak for themselves. I will give just one example in the so called voter ID laws which were clearly orchestrated to keep minorities from voting. Again this is just ONE example of how the republicans act toward minorities. It's not opinion at this point, it's demonstrated fact.

submessenger
9/07/2017 12:19pm,
Ummm...just no. Actions speak for themselves. I will give just one example in the so called voter ID laws which were clearly orchestrated to keep minorities from voting. Again this is just ONE example of how the republicans act toward minorities. It's not opinion at this point, it's demonstrated fact.

Wow, I didn't realize the Republicans controlled Virginia or Wisconsin.
(edit) whoops, my bad

hungryjoe
9/07/2017 12:33pm,

Why are voter ID laws targeting minorities? You say they are "clearly orchestrated" so this should be no problem for you to explain. With facts, not your ubiquitous biased opinion.

Raycetpfl
9/07/2017 12:37pm,
Wow, I didn't realize the Republicans controlled Virginia or Wisconsin.
(edit) whoops, my bad

The Governor in Wisconsin is the worst. I would take Trump over him.

1bad65
9/07/2017 12:48pm,

We have to present IDs to buy firearms.

So are those law requiring IDs to buy firearms orchestrated by a bunch of racists trying to keep people of color from owning firearms?

ChenPengFi
9/07/2017 12:50pm,
We have to present IDs to buy firearms.

So are those law requiring IDs to buy firearms orchestrated by a bunch of racists trying to keep people of color from owning firearms?

Are you familiar with the Black Panthers?

Bneterasedmynam
9/07/2017 12:51pm,
Why are voter ID laws targeting minorities? You say they are "clearly orchestrated" so this should be no problem for you to explain. With facts, not your ubiquitous biased opinion.

You can clearly and easily Google that bullshit yourself. It's old news and has already been proven to death.

hungryjoe
9/07/2017 1:24pm,
You can clearly and easily Google that bullshit yourself. It's old news and has already been proven to death.

No, it hasn't and you don't have a clue. Sound bites do not an issue make.

God, you're lazy too.

Why would the requirement for a voter ID represent an effort to suppress minority voting? Your thought on the matter. Note I did not request plural, as in more than one, thought. We'll ease into this dialog thingy so as you don't feel too pressured and quit.

submessenger
9/07/2017 1:46pm,
It's the opinion of multiple federal judges that it was meant specifically to disenfranchise black voters.

Why would requiring an ID disenfranchise black voters? Honest question, I know this has been done to death, but I feel this audience can really benefit from this discussion.

hungryjoe
9/07/2017 1:56pm,
It's the opinion of multiple federal judges that it was meant specifically to disenfranchise black voters.

And with others, not. This one will head to the Supreme Court to have it's day I think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/appeals-court-upholds-virginias-voter-id-law/2016/12/13/3888f46e-c150-11e6-9a51-cd56ea1c2bb7_story.html?utm_term=.19dd25789bc8

A federal appeals court Tuesday upheld Virginia’s voting rules requiring residents to present photo identification to cast ballots.

The 3-to-0 ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit comes only months after a different panel of judges in the Richmond-based court threw out North Carolina’s far-reaching election restrictions, finding its state legislators had intentionally made it harder for minorities to vote.

In the Virginia case, the appeals court sided with attorneys for Virginia election officials who said the state’s requirement for in-person­ voting is far more flexible than election measures in other states and was not designed to discriminate. more in the article.

We have it here in Oklahoma.

http://newsok.com/article/5514260

More than 74.3 percent of Oklahoma voters approved the state's voter identification law when it was placed on the ballot in November 2010.

More than 30 states have laws requesting or requiring voters to show some form of identification at the polls, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Courts have struck down some of those laws, while others have been upheld.

Bneterasedmynam
9/07/2017 2:08pm,
And with others, not. This one will head to the Supreme Court to have it's day I think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/appeals-court-upholds-virginias-voter-id-law/2016/12/13/3888f46e-c150-11e6-9a51-cd56ea1c2bb7_story.html?utm_term=.19dd25789bc8

more in the article.

We have it here in Oklahoma.

http://newsok.com/article/5514260

I should point out here that I don't find it necessarily unreasonable to show some ID for voting, it's the blatant bullshit behind the republicans push for it that I take issue with.

hungryjoe
9/07/2017 2:13pm,
I should point out here that I don't find it necessarily unreasonable to show some ID for voting, it's the blatant bullshit behind the republicans push for it that I take issue with.

You don't find it unreasonable yourself but others pushing for it make it bullshit because they're of a different political party.

Got it.

Just wanted to quote capture for posterity.

1bad65
9/07/2017 2:18pm,
You don't find it unreasonable yourself but others pushing for it make it bullshit because they're of a different political party.

Got it.

Just wanted to quote to capture for posterity.

Well payed, sir.

Raycetpfl
9/07/2017 2:53pm,
Why would requiring an ID disenfranchise black voters? Honest question, I know this has been done to death, but I feel this audience can really benefit from this discussion.

There were studies conducted in NC on which kinds of ID black voters likely to not have. Those were the only ones that the new laws would allow for voting...... True story. It was pretty systematic

The court’s decision not to hear an appeal in the case effectively overturned one of the most far-reaching attempts by Republicans to counter what they contended, without evidence, was widespread voter fraud in North Carolina. The law rejected the forms of identification used disproportionately by blacks, including IDs issued to government employees, students and people receiving public assistance.

Democrats and civil rights groups, wary of the Supreme Court now that it has regained a conservative majority with the appointment of Justice Neil M. Gorsuch, welcomed the announcement that it would not hear the case. -NYT

ChenPengFi
9/07/2017 2:56pm,
There were studies conducted in NC on which kinds of ID black voters likely to not have. Those were the only ones that the new laws would allow for voting...... True story. It was pretty systematic

Be that as it may, it's a perfectly logical requirement to vote.
Ihre papieren bitte.

Raycetpfl
9/07/2017 2:59pm,
Be that as it may, it's a perfectly logical requirement to vote.
Ihre papieren bitte.

I am not completely against the idea, but they were being cunts about it. They weren't allowing government issued id. They are also trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.