PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Suggestions for BJJ, Gracie JJ etc... Dojos in Baton Rouge, La.

Donnie M.
8/31/2017 1:52pm,
Hi looking for suggestions to legit BJJ, GracieJJ etc... in the Baton Rouge, La. area. I was attending a Gracie United dojo but their focus seem to be on Competition only. I am not really interested how many points I can get in a roll, I'm looking for a dojo that teaches a more complete Jiu Jitsu with a good stand up game along with a good ground game and a good self defense game.
I have checked in on a few dojos and gyms and heard good as well as not so good things about this or that Coach or Professor. I was told to be sure to check each out thoroughly since there seems to be a few out there that not legit. So with that said, your Suggestions and why you suggested them would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you
A confused future practitioner
DM

Raycetpfl
8/31/2017 2:12pm,
Hi looking for suggestions to legit BJJ, GracieJJ etc... in the Baton Rouge, La. area. I was attending a Gracie United dojo but their focus seem to be on Competition only. I am not really interested how many points I can get in a roll, I'm looking for a dojo that teaches a more complete Jiu Jitsu with a good stand up game along with a good ground game and a good self defense game.
I have checked in on a few dojos and gyms and heard good as well as not so good things about this or that Coach or Professor. I was told to be sure to check each out thoroughly since there seems to be a few out there that not legit. So with that said, your Suggestions and why you suggested them would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you
A confused future practitioner
DM

A quick Google search says there are only a few (3) in baton rouge. Go to the other 2 and see which one you like.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=ms-android-verizon&ei=9l2oWbKzB6zEjwT5z7XICg&q=baton+rouge+gjj&oq=baton+rouge+gjj&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..33i160k1.10644.12282.0.13384.5.5.0.0.0.0.4 40.1050.0j2j1j0j1.4.0....0...1.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..1.3.874...0j0i131k1j0i67k1.p6yKwxhjUZU

Donnie M.
9/04/2017 6:09pm,
Yes per Google but there are more I assure you especially if you go out to 25-35 mile on the out skirts. I'm leaning towards Professor Kevin Bellard of Bayou Jiu Jitsu who's under Ralph Gracie. Still willing to hear from you guys on the matter though.
Again Thank you