PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a BJJ black belt named Bernie Gorak in Bourbonnais, Illinois??

Pages : [1] 2

C0WB0Y
8/24/2017 12:16pm,
He runs a Kenpo school but keeps telling me he is also a BJJ black belt, pro boxer and pro MMA fighter. I cannot find any verification on this. Can anyone help?

https://www.facebook.com/bernie.gorak.56

It is Fake
8/24/2017 12:43pm,
Here's what I've found so far:
http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/News05Oct.htm

Super Welterweight Muay Thai (147.1-153 lbs)
Matine Silverwolf (Olympic Arena - Manteno, IL) vs Bernie Gorak (Gorak's Shotokan - Bourbonnais, IL)

Still, do you know which one you are talking to? It seems they all use the FB page and there are three of them in various incarnations over the internet.

C0WB0Y
8/24/2017 1:12pm,
I have direct PM's from Bernie Gorak himself claiming to be a BJJ black belt.

battlefields
8/24/2017 6:34pm,
I have direct PM's from Bernie Gorak himself claiming to be a BJJ black belt.

I'm sure you asked him his lineage.

C0WB0Y
8/24/2017 9:55pm,
I did and he refuses to offer any comment on his lineage.

BackFistMonkey
8/24/2017 10:12pm,

Huh, I thought you BJJ were all big into the whole lineage thing.Most people (like Rayce and Murphy) won't shut the **** up about it. Hell even the Judo guys get all indignant and start listing off names and comps.

Maybe that is just guys with really good pedigrees...

Maybe this guy is the magical unicorn with a legit BJJ blackbelt from a monk on the mountains in Brazil or something.

C0WB0Y
8/24/2017 10:39pm,
I was told that I could see his BJJ black belt certification only if I come to his dojo in Bourbonnais, Illinois.

But he also tells me that BJJ is "over rated". Does anyone else find it odd that someone would go through all the effort of attaining the rank of black belt in a martial art they feel is over-rated?

hungryjoe
8/24/2017 11:19pm,
I was told that I could see his BJJ black belt certification only if I come to his dojo in Bourbonnais, Illinois.

But he also tells me that BJJ is "over rated". Does anyone else find it odd that someone would go through all the effort of attaining the rank of black belt in a martial art they feel is over-rated?

You may consider letting him know he's now a topic here and this thread will show high in any search by others from his name alone.

Until then, his un-viewed certificate means diddly.

C0WB0Y
8/24/2017 11:52pm,
Oh, I let him know.

BackFistMonkey
8/24/2017 11:54pm,
You may consider letting him know he's now a topic here and this thread will show high in any search by others from his name alone.

Until then, his un-viewed certificate means diddly.

Its a 24 hour bike ride for me.. I am not up to that yet.

Bneterasedmynam
8/25/2017 8:10am,

This is probably the only answer you really need. Anyone who won't even discus it probably has reason not to.

Bneterasedmynam
8/25/2017 8:11am,

People get blackbelts in "over-rated" arts all the time.

ermghoti
8/25/2017 8:57am,
People get blackbelts in "over-rated" arts all the time.

That usually takes a valid credit card, and not a decade of blood and sweat.

battlefields
8/25/2017 9:03am,
Guaranteed bullshit artist, I'm going to call it now. You don't put the hours required of a BJJ black belt in and say it is over-rated, and not provide your lineage when questioned.

Raycetpfl
8/25/2017 9:37am,

Ummmm..... Yeah.... about that.....
I not only contend that he is not a black belt, I don't believe he has ever gone hard with a high level black belt.

Raycetpfl
8/25/2017 9:56am,
That dummy is talking about Kempo forms and belt testing all over his Facebook.

There's no mention of BJJ and what BJJ black belt still cares that much about Kempo forms?