PDA

View Full Version : Animated 1 minute explanation of Judo Rules

Sam Browning
7/05/2017 12:51pm,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkrIVMi6I5M

By someone who has been watching too much minions.

Christmas Spirit
7/05/2017 1:22pm,

Now with embedded action ... also repost you : long time supporter, highly intellegent,and such an awesome person I sometimes doubt you are an actually lawyer, fucking noob. (tho I can't find the original posting ... and now that I think about, I think it was buried in a thread somewhere. So whatever, I am just waving my undersized fake e-penis around just cause).

Since the top comment is usually someone noted the rules have changed slightly since this video was made... but I can't remember which part... I think it is the 2 wazari = ippon. I am going to go a head and attempt to post that that bit of info so I am just not embedding it. Besides it makes the post look better. Like maybe it isn't a total **** post outside of the embedding for the lazy.

I have spent the last far more hours than I care to admit digging into facebook "news" accounts, youtube accounts, and websites; matching content creators to content and then mapping its distribution. My mind is swiss cheese. I need a brain enema and a nap.

BKR
7/05/2017 1:25pm,

Now with embedded action ... also repost you : long time supporter, highly intellegent,and such an awesome person I sometimes doubt you are an actually lawyer, fucking noob. (tho I can't find the original posting ... and now that I think about, I think it was buried in a thread somewhere. So whatever, I am just waving my undersized fake e-penis around just cause).

Since the top comment is usually someone noted the rules have changed slightly since this video was made... but I can't remember which part... I think it is the 2 wazari = ippon. I am going to go a head and attempt to post that that bit of info so I am just not embedding it. Besides it makes the post look better. Like maybe it isn't a total **** post outside of the embedding for the lazy.

I have spent the last far more hours than I care to admit digging into facebook "news" accounts, youtube accounts, and websites; matching content creators, content and then mapping its distribution. My mind is swiss cheese. I need a brain enema and a nap.

Correct, 2 wazari no longer equal ippon. There is no yuko score anymore. Throws (or pins) formerly scored as yuko are scored as wazari now.

NeilG
7/05/2017 4:56pm,
Correct, 2 wazari no longer equal ippon. There is no yuko score anymore. Throws (or pins) formerly scored as yuko are scored as wazari now.

Haven't been doing much judo lately, didn't know that was implemented. I had heard that was coming, though. I would have preferred they got rid of yuko altogether like they did koka if they were going to get rid of it at all.

DCS
7/05/2017 5:02pm,
By someone who has been watching too much minions.

Banana?

BTW, search function, noob (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126893&p=2936827&viewfull=1#post2936827).

BKR
7/05/2017 5:42pm,
Haven't been doing much judo lately, didn't know that was implemented. I had heard that was coming, though. I would have preferred they got rid of yuko altogether like they did koka if they were going to get rid of it at all.

There is no yuko, but I get what you mean. I was at Canadian Nationals, and it worked pretty well. Criteria for ippon have been tightened up a bit as well, which is a good thing IMO.

I also saw a lot less playing to win with penalties, although that has not totally been banished from the tactical repertoire.

More time for ne waza as well.

NeilG
7/06/2017 2:33am,
There is no yuko, but I get what you mean. I was at Canadian Nationals, and it worked pretty well. Criteria for ippon have been tightened up a bit as well, which is a good thing IMO.

I also saw a lot less playing to win with penalties, although that has not totally been banished from the tactical repertoire.

More time for ne waza as well.

Speaking of nationals, one of our kids got U16 judoka of the year at the awards banquet. Same one that won the elite u18 tournament.

BKR
7/06/2017 9:40am,
Speaking of nationals, one of our kids got U16 judoka of the year at the awards banquet. Same one that won the elite u18 tournament.

He trains at the YMCA, correct? I think one of my students will be trying to get in some training there this month.

NeilG
7/06/2017 11:18am,
He trains at the YMCA, correct? I think one of my students will be trying to get in some training there this month.
Yeah, we can't take all the credit: he started with us and competes under our club name, but most of his high performance coaching has been through the Y and the provincial coaches. Of course now he is getting national level attention/coaching. His younger brother is also very good: they both took 3rd in their divisions at nationals.

BKR
7/06/2017 5:32pm,
Yeah, we can't take all the credit: he started with us and competes under our club name, but most of his high performance coaching has been through the Y and the provincial coaches. Of course now he is getting national level attention/coaching. His younger brother is also very good: they both took 3rd in their divisions at nationals.

Wasn't dissing his training at your place, just making sure it's the same kid.

Yeah, my student will be there later this month, according to his Dad. His family is from Sask, and he is working for his Dad. They have a job in Sask. He trained there at the Y with both brothers a few times either earlier this year (Christmas?) or last summer, can't remember which.

I'm guessing your guy will be at the NTC Judo School July 30th too.

webmaster786
7/14/2017 2:49am,
After watching this video,Now i know exactly how to beat enemies in judo :D :D

Gustard
8/27/2017 9:38am,
wazari is not awarded for just throwing to softly - position etc often count more (ie not exactly on back etc)

kimjonghng
8/27/2017 10:03am,
As an animator I sit here and applaud some aspects of this video

then I vomit remembering Rayman, my childhood go-to game series, has basically been put on the bench because of these little shits and their minion qualities...