PDA

View Full Version : How do you score in boxing?

alexphilips
6/06/2017 4:02am,
If a boxer is knocked down, he loses a point. If a boxer is knocked down twice, he loses two points. If both fighters are knocked down, the knockdowns cancel each other out. While uncommon, if a fighter completely dominates a round but doesn't score a knockdown, a judge can still score that round 10-8.

ermghoti
6/06/2017 8:30am,
If you post nothing but stupid ****, you get banned.

BackFistMonkey
6/06/2017 10:45am,
If you post nothing but stupid ****, you get banned.

No, he was spamming some essay writing site. The barrage of wrong forum & low content threads were just a motivator for me to look more closely at his other posts.

Holy Moment
6/06/2017 8:50pm,
You hit the other guy.

Eddie Hardon
1/13/2018 6:20pm,
without getting hit yourself....The Art of Self Defence ;-)

kicksider
5/27/2018 8:50am,
without getting hit yourself....The Art of Self Defence ;-)

Not getting hit and hitting your opponent once should make you win the round. It's a theory, but not all judges will see your one hit, but they may think your opponent hit you back when he barely touched you. I have been judging kickboxing fights before at WAKO and ISKA competitions and must say that in many cases it is very difficult to score a round when both fighters are on a similar level. The officials try to discourage judges from scoring draws and kind of force you to pick a winner for each round. This has caused a lot of horrible decisions where some judges had to explain themselves to the fighters, but nobody ever complained to the officials about their questionable policy that each round had to have a winner.

Omega Supreme
5/27/2018 9:45am,
Not getting hit and hitting your opponent once should make you win the round. It's a theory, but not all judges will see your one hit, but they may think your opponent hit you back when he barely touched you. I have been judging kickboxing fights before at WAKO and ISKA competitions and must say that in many cases it is very difficult to score a round when both fighters are on a similar level. The officials try to discourage judges from scoring draws and kind of force you to pick a winner for each round. This has caused a lot of horrible decisions where some judges had to explain themselves to the fighters, but nobody ever complained to the officials about their questionable policy that each round had to have a winner.
Dude, you might want to start looking at the dates of these posts you are resurrecting.

kicksider
5/27/2018 9:56am,
Dude, you might want to start looking at the dates of these posts you are resurrecting.

Does the date make the discussion less important?
I mean if it were you moderators could just close all old threads or delete them ....

Omega Supreme
5/27/2018 10:36am,
Does the date make the discussion less important?
I mean if it were you moderators could just close all old threads or delete them ....

Yes, the date does make the discussion less important. Especially since you are so self centered not to take the time to read the short group of posts and understand how dead this thread really is.

As for closing threads so they won't be resurrected; why would we do that?

Your new to the forum so I'm sure you don't know how things are done around here but you might want to take a second to find out.