PDA

View Full Version : Random MMA rants.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tranquil Suit
5/21/2017 5:07pm,
Have something to say about what's happening in combat sports, but it's too small for it's own thread? Well I occasionally do, I'll be posting it here.

Well thought out posts not to be expected.

Tranquil Suit
5/21/2017 5:19pm,
Where are all the Heavyweights?

Last time I saw a high level competitive HW match was Wladimir Kltischko vs Anthony Joshua (yeah, that's boxing). In MMA ... uh... It's been a while.

I recall at some point, Strikeforce (just before it got bought) had a HW Tournament. Coker actually managed gather 8 HW fighters. Then for a while the UFC had like an actual division of fighters. Now, 5 years later, all of them got old and there is no new blood to replace them. How did it get to this?

Omega Supreme
5/21/2017 5:27pm,
I'm under the personal belief they need a cruiser weight division. Heavyweight wise there's no new guard yet. They need to have another TUF to recruit some more prospects.

michaelhatwell
5/22/2017 12:41am,
Where are all the Heavyweights?

Last time I saw a high level competitive HW match was Wladimir Kltischko vs Anthony Joshua (yeah, that's boxing). In MMA ... uh... It's been a while.

I recall at some point, Strikeforce (just before it got bought) had a HW Tournament. Coker actually managed gather 8 HW fighters. Then for a while the UFC had like an actual division of fighters. Now, 5 years later, all of them got old and there is no new blood to replace them. How did it get to this?

I see Anthony Joshua as the future Muhammad Ali. He's very fit and a class apart in the heavyweight category!

Tranquil Suit
5/23/2017 5:01pm,
I see Anthony Joshua as the future Muhammad Ali. He's very fit and a class apart in the heavyweight category!

Among other things, I was most impressed with his ring IQ.

WorldChampions
5/24/2017 5:42am,

Nobody can replace other one ...
Muhammad Ali was a great player .... His style of boxing,,,talking and the most important his funny habits... i remember all those..
So no one can be like Muhammad Ali...

michaelhatwell
5/25/2017 6:03am,
Among other things, I was most impressed with his ring IQ.

Yes, true!

michaelhatwell
5/25/2017 6:37am,
I was just stating the fact, that many of the current fighters would love the fame & popularity enjoyed by the great Muhammad Ali.

For instance, pop music will never see an icon like Michael Jackson. Similarly, Muhammad Ali in boxing is irreplaceable.

So, we might notice similarities here and there... the players can copy the habits and physique enjoyed by these legends.

michaelhatwell
5/25/2017 6:42am,
Nobody can replace other one ...
Muhammad Ali was a great player .... His style of boxing,,,talking and the most important his funny habits... i remember all those..
So no one can be like Muhammad Ali...

I was just stating the fact, that many of the current fighters would love the fame & popularity enjoyed by the great Muhammad Ali.

For instance, pop music will never see an icon like Michael Jackson. Similarly, Muhammad Ali in boxing is irreplaceable.

So, we might notice similarities here and there... as the young players might try to mimic the habits, physique and other things of these legends.

Tranquil Suit
6/18/2017 2:21pm,
Fighters who just after their fight, still inside the cage, grab the mic and do a marriage proposal. Ugh.

Do you really have to show your ass in public like that? Doesn't seem very romantic. You'd think a marriage proposal is a personal thing between 2 people.

Tranquil Suit
6/27/2017 7:12am,
Ronda Rousey seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Is that Road House reboot still on?

Shawarma
6/27/2017 8:21am,
Have something to say about what's happening in combat sports, but it's too small for it's own thread? Well I occasionally do, I'll be posting it here.

Well thought out posts not to be expected.

It is all ****!

Thanks for this thread, though. Sorely needed for MMA-curmudgeons such as myself.

Shawarma
7/10/2017 12:59pm,
Aaand now the UFC let Mousasi **** off to Bellator. Good. Means they got more money to give to Sage Northcutt and CM Punk.

Credibility? What's that?

Permalost
7/10/2017 1:19pm,
Its annoying when some garbage style has one pro MMA fighter with a **** record and they use him as proof that their art is good. Particularly when, say, a shou shu guy's one victory is, say, a triangle choke that doesn't exist in their art.

Tranquil Suit
7/11/2017 10:11am,
Aaand now the UFC let Mousasi **** off to Bellator. Good. Means they got more money to give to Sage Northcutt and CM Punk.

Credibility? What's that?
Rory MacDonald too.

It's that fucking Reebok deal. The WME is stuck with that **** until. It's no secret why the Fertittas+Dana did it (and in the process, fucked over the fighters AND whoever would buy the company).

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/7/11/15951832/gegard-mousasi-reebok-deal-was-only-made-to-help-sell-the-ufc-for-4-billion-not-to-help-fighters-mma

36th Chamber
7/23/2017 12:14pm,
When the in cage translators say totally inaccurate translations just because it's polite.