PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a concealed Ankle Holster

BillyBull.92
5/02/2017 1:51am,
Hi Everyone.

I'm so glad I found this forum and it is great to be here! So over the past few days I was lurking around and finally decided to register. Hopefully I can get some help here.

I'm currently in desire need of a (concealed) ankle holster for my Beretta Nano, which I got recently and I'm struggling to find the right one. I already did some research online and checked out some websites classified adds and trusted shopping sites. But I didn't find what I was looking for. I mean I found some very basic and cheap ones, but it doesn't seem likely that they will last long.

So can anybody here recommend some brands or models which are suitable my weapon? And are there any details I have to pay special attention to when I buy it?

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Billy.

AcerTempest
5/02/2017 9:14am,
I don't have a specific holster recommendation for you as I don't carry around the ankle, but if you are interested in holsters at all, I would recommend reading Kathy Jackson's blog at The Cornered Cat.

She has a, so far, 6 part series on what makes a good and/or better holster.
I can't post links, but google Cornered Cat and you will find it.

ghost55
5/02/2017 11:04am,
Is there a particular reason you want an ankle holster? is this serving as a backup piece for your main CCW, or is this going to be the only gun you carry?

BKR
5/02/2017 1:41pm,
Hi Everyone.

I'm so glad I found this forum and it is great to be here! So over the past few days I was lurking around and finally decided to register. Hopefully I can get some help here.

I'm currently in desire need of a (concealed) ankle holster for my Beretta Nano, which I got recently and I'm struggling to find the right one. I already did some research online and checked out some websites classified adds and trusted shopping sites. But I didn't find what I was looking for. I mean I found some very basic and cheap ones, but it doesn't seem likely that they will last long.

So can anybody here recommend some brands or models which are suitable my weapon? And are there any details I have to pay special attention to when I buy it?

Billy.

We were looking for a holster for my wife's revolver this weekend. Not ankle holster, but...

Desantis is a well known and respected holster maker, for example.
http://www.desantisholster.com/ANKLE-RIG?gclid=CNiDm_Ht0dMCFZOBfgodPzQM_w

BillyBull.92
5/02/2017 10:12pm,
I don't have a specific holster recommendation for you as I don't carry around the ankle, but if you are interested in holsters at all, I would recommend reading Kathy Jackson's blog at The Cornered Cat.

She has a, so far, 6 part series on what makes a good and/or better holster.
I can't post links, but google Cornered Cat and you will find it.

Great. I found in online. Just started reading.

BillyBull.92
5/02/2017 10:14pm,
Is there a particular reason you want an ankle holster? is this serving as a backup piece for your main CCW, or is this going to be the only gun you carry?

Yeah exactly. It is just a backup.

BillyBull.92
5/02/2017 10:15pm,
We were looking for a holster for my wife's revolver this weekend. Not ankle holster, but...

Desantis is a well known and respected holster maker, for example.
desantisholster.com/ANKLE-RIG?gclid=CNiDm_Ht0dMCFZOBfgodPzQM_w

Alright. Thanks for this link. I'll check it out.

GrouchyOldMan
5/02/2017 10:22pm,

Galco, Desantis, Crossbreed, Uncle Mike's and Blackhawk are the manufacturers that immediately come to mind as having an established reputation. I can't say which of them make ankle holsters for a Nano, but I'm sure they all have easily searchable websites.

I am not a fan of ankle carry in general, and never have had an ankle rig, so everything else I'm about to say is from personal observation, but not firsthand experience, so take it or leave it.

Those individuals I know who do carry in an ankle rig tend to overwhelmingly​ gravitate to the Galco Ankle Glove. Full disclosure-they are mostly LEOs, so there may be some groupthink there, but they all seem perfect satisfied with it.

Most of the complaints I hear about ankle holsters are about comfort, not staying in place, and allowing to much movement of the weapon. So, if I were in the market, I would definitely want to actually try it on if possible.

BillyBull.92
5/05/2017 3:54am,
Hi Everyone.

I'm currently in desire need of a (concealed) ankle holster for my Beretta Nano, which I got recently and I'm struggling to find the right one. I already did some research online and checked out some websites classified adds and trusted shopping sites like https://www.easyprices.com/fashion/ankle-holster (https://www.easyprices.com/fashion/gun-holster-belt-review). But I didn't find what I was looking for. I mean I found some very basic and cheap ones, but it doesn't seem likely that they will last long.

Billy.

I finally found a nice one from Galco. Thanks for that advice!

BillyBull.92
5/05/2017 3:54am,
Galco, Desantis, Crossbreed, Uncle Mike's and Blackhawk are the manufacturers that immediately come to mind as having an established reputation.

Great! Thanks!