PDA

View Full Version : I need a holster

Pages : [1] 2 3

ghost55
4/10/2017 7:29pm,
So I need a way to carry my new 1911 for competition shooting and hiking. I'm putting a Streamlight TLR-1 on it eventually, so it would be great it the holster could accommodate that. Any recommendations?

Raycetpfl
4/10/2017 7:38pm,
So I need a way to carry my new 1911 for competition shooting and hiking. I'm putting a Streamlight TLR-1 on it eventually, so it would be great it the holster could accommodate that. Any recommendations?

I think you will need a custom kydex for a light but if you just want leather one black hawk makes a nice one for cheap. I am also a fan of the alienware or what ever.

ghost55
4/10/2017 7:49pm,
I think you will need a custom kydex for a light but if you just want leather one black hawk makes a nice one for cheap. I am also a fan of the alienware or what ever.

Oof. I guess a trip to the surplus store is in order until I have custom kydex money.

Cassius
4/11/2017 1:18pm,
How much are you able to spend on a holster?

Cassius
4/11/2017 1:25pm,
The reason I ask is that there are a number of holsters available for 1911s that are already set up for a light, and many of them specifically are compatible with a Streamlight TLR-1. They are available from a number of manufacturers for $80-$130. There might be open carry holsters available for cheaper, too.

ghost55
4/11/2017 2:18pm,
I'm not going to be trying to conceal a full size gun in the near future. I would like to spend as little as possible. It doesn't need to look pretty or vanish. I like the look of the Blackhawk! SERPA holsters, but they only let you use their shitty proprietary light.

Ming Loyalist
4/11/2017 3:14pm,
i got one of these and it's totally not what you're looking for http://www.andrewsleather.com/monarch.htm

it is an amazing holster and if you ever have loot to spend on a holster, sam andrews is awesome to deal with.

ghost55
4/11/2017 3:43pm,
I desperately want one of those, I just can't really justify it right now. They look so fucking cool, but I don't wear jackets all that much and open carrying is unpopular around these parts. If I ever somehow manage to become a hard boiled detective or something that is the first thing I am going to buy.

Ming Loyalist
4/11/2017 4:07pm,
I desperately want one of those, I just can't really justify it right now. They look so fucking cool, but I don't wear jackets all that much and open carrying is unpopular around these parts. If I ever somehow manage to become a hard boiled detective or something that is the first thing I am going to buy.

i work from home which is also the only place in NY state that i can legally carry a gun other than the range and i sit a lot, so i justified this to myself somehow. for a full size steel 1911, sam suggested the 3 magazine version for balance. also you're thinking, "did ming get the knife attachment?" and the answer is **** yes i did, i mean it's really convenient for opening boxes, right?

Raycetpfl
4/11/2017 4:10pm,
i work from home which is also the only place in NY state that i can legally carry a gun other than the range and i sit a lot, so i justified this to myself somehow. for a full size steel 1911, sam suggested the 3 magazine version for balance. also you're thinking, "did ming get the knife attachment?" and the answer is **** yes i did, i mean it's really convenient for opening boxes, right?

My wife asked me why it was necessary to carry a full-size double stack 1911 inside the house. I said ," Decepticons." She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed...... I shot the toaster.

ghost55
4/11/2017 4:17pm,

I secretly dream of living inside the world of Miami Vice, complete with a Bren 10 in a shoulder holster and a white suit.

Kovacs
4/11/2017 4:37pm,
I'm not going to be trying to conceal a full size gun in the near future. I would like to spend as little as possible. It doesn't need to look pretty or vanish. I like the look of the Blackhawk! SERPA holsters, but they only let you use their shitty proprietary light.

I use a serpa holster for issue glocks and I think they're brilliant, that's without a light though. I didn't know they only take their own brand. Shame.

BKR
4/11/2017 6:11pm,

You mean open carry, then, right?

There are quite a few duty holsters designed to accommodate pistols with lights.

They may or may not have retention though. Personally, I like retention, and have a level II holster I carry my Shield in.

I'm paranoid about somebody grabbing it when I do open carry. I carry a level III at work for same reason.

The Blackhawk brand works for me so far. I use the paddle because it's easy to take on and off, but also comes with belt slide.

They may have a holster for a 1911 that will accommodate a light.

BKR
4/11/2017 6:14pm,

Never mind then...
http://www.blackhawk.com/Products/Holsters-Accessories/Holsters.aspx

Cassius
4/11/2017 7:04pm,
You could go for the Halo look with this:

https://www.hogueinc.com/store/products/powerspeedtrade-universal-speed-holster/12

Raycetpfl
4/11/2017 7:19pm,
You mean open carry, then, right?

There are quite a few duty holsters designed to accommodate pistols with lights.

They may or may not have retention though. Personally, I like retention, and have a level II holster I carry my Shield in.

I'm paranoid about somebody grabbing it when I do open carry. I carry a level III at work for same reason.

The Blackhawk brand works for me so far. I use the paddle because it's easy to take on and off, but also comes with belt slide.

They may have a holster for a 1911 that will accommodate a light.

I have both. I have a retention holster by Blackhawk and I have their leather pancake holster. They ride High Enough where I can conceal carry with a not so tight t-shirt.