PDA

View Full Version : Help with choosing Knukle/Sap Gloves

Pages : [1] 2 3

SkullKing
4/04/2017 7:51am,
Sorry if this was posted before, I did not find anything with the search function.

I wish to buy a pair of knukle-dusters or fingerless sap gloves for self defense. However I never owned either before and would like to ask what to look for in choosing one, and any advice more experienced members would be willing to give.

Both are legal where I live.

Guns, Pepper Sprays, and electric tasers are not an option.

Thank you for your time.

WFMurphyPhD
4/04/2017 8:05am,
Sorry if this was posted before, I did not find anything with the search function.

I wish to buy a pair of knukle-dusters or fingerless sap gloves for self defense. However I never owned either before and would like to ask what to look for in choosing one, and any advice more experienced members would be willing to give.

Both are legal where I live.

Guns, Pepper Sprays, and electric tasers are not an option.

Thank you for your time.

Is it legal to carry a blackjack/sap where you live?

SkullKing
4/04/2017 8:25am,
Is it legal to carry a blackjack/sap where you live?

Yes, as is a baton, however I am looking for something I don´t have to actually draw. When i am out I can wear the gloves without atrcting attention, and can wear the dusters in my hands while they are on my pockets (I Use a vest full of pockets/pouches)

BackFistMonkey
4/04/2017 8:49am,
Some paranoid RBSD types really like the weighted ballcap, it acts like a sap but you wear it on your head. I would seriously look into training with and carrying a real weapon if you are so afraid.

Why are guns, tazers, and pepper spray not an option?

hungryjoe
4/04/2017 9:05am,
I am partial to a sharp knife.

Legal in Brazil?

SkullKing
4/04/2017 9:11am,
Why are guns, tazers, and pepper spray not an option?

Mostly Local legislation+Extreme allergy to peppers. (I know I shouldn´t spray myself/my loved ones, but would rather not risk it).

Plus the gloves and the dusters I won´t have to actually draw, and so I would have a quicker reaction. I am fairly confident in my punch power/speed

I am looking for something that would help me get a couple quick debilitating shots in, and then run away.

ghost55
4/04/2017 9:14am,
If you can legally buy a gun, do so and load hollow points. Over penetration will not be an issue.

SkullKing
4/04/2017 9:33am,
I am partial to a sharp knife.

Legal in Brazil?

Yes, I am looking into it, however the fact I am comfortable punching, and would not have to draw either the knuckles or the glove make them attractive to me. However I have never used either

Raycetpfl
4/04/2017 9:36am,
Yes, I am looking into it, however the fact I am comfortable punching, and would not have to draw either the knuckles or the glove make them attractive to me. However I have never used either

You won't have to draw? That means you are just gonna wear them whenever you're out?

They are both **** weapons by the way.
You would be better off with an expandable baton.

SkullKing
4/04/2017 9:37am,
I can´t. Since I do not work in afield that require sit, and do not have a specific threat to me. (If I worked as a guard or had been receiving threats for example, I might qualify.)

Raycetpfl
4/04/2017 9:46am,
If I was really worried and I wasn't allowed to carry a pistol I would probably carry a eastwing lineman's hammer.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/03/03af9c5c-a9bd-4545-9590-66f00145f669_300.jpg

BackFistMonkey
4/04/2017 10:02am,
Mostly Local legislation+Extreme allergy to peppers. (I know I shouldn´t spray myself/my loved ones, but would rather not risk it).

Plus the gloves and the dusters I won´t have to actually draw, and so I would have a quicker reaction. I am fairly confident in my punch power/speed

I am looking for something that would help me get a couple quick debilitating shots in, and then run away.
I am with Rayce carry a hammer on a toolbelt since you seem unwilling or unable to carry something useful and legal. You will look no more stupid than walking around with knuckle dusters in your pockets or your tacticool weighted gloves (cops are going to fucking love it when they find EITHER of those and are going to assume you are a criminal).

As for your punching confidence... LOL. Yeah. Sure. You are talking about defending yourself against violent armed criminals with your punching power. LOL. Escalating the situation is a great way to be shot or stabbed. Hand over the goods, shut the **** up and live to fight and love another day. Or I guess you could whip out your brass knuckles and start swinging. I mean that will only escalate the situation but hey you got confidence I am sure that will impress your attackers into not skinning you alive and making a wallet out of your ballsack.

BKR
4/04/2017 10:23am,
If I was really worried and I wasn't allowed to carry a pistol I would probably carry a eastwing lineman's hammer.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/03/03af9c5c-a9bd-4545-9590-66f00145f669_300.jpg

Mjölnir !

BKR
4/04/2017 10:25am,

I used to carry one of these when I was working in the woods (to mark trees for corners of mining claims).

They even come in Tacti-Cool...and are razor sharp.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61bMUgujpwL._SY450_.jpg

Probably a little too obvious though, even for the mean streets of Sao Paulo...

Raycetpfl
4/04/2017 10:34am,
I used to carry one of these when I was working in the woods (to mark trees for corners of mining claims).

They even come in Tacti-Cool...and are razor sharp.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61bMUgujpwL._SY450_.jpg

Probably a little too obvious though, even for the mean streets of Sao Paulo...

Yea, it could be hard to explain in a city the size of Sao Paulo.
I use to work on call in the really shitty/cracky parts of town, often in the wee hours of the night. I always made sure I had my hammer on my belt. If **** got for real crazy I had my ax,pick and machette I the truck on stand by or I would have just drove away. Nobody is ever mean to me though. I assume it's my winning smile ..... or the vibe that I will hit them with a sledgehammer? One of the two I am sure.

The hammer and axe seem to be neglected weapons of war. There aren't too many better things for making body parts useless on contact.

BKR
4/04/2017 10:55am,
Yea, it could be hard to explain in a city the size of Sao Paulo.
I use to work on call in the really shitty/cracky parts of town, often in the wee hours of the night. I always made sure I had my hammer on my belt. If **** got for real crazy I had my ax,pick and machette I the truck on stand by or I would have just drove away. Nobody is ever mean to me though. I assume it's my winning smile ..... or the vibe that I will hit them with a sledgehammer? One of the two I am sure.

The hammer and axe are seem to be neglected weapons of war. There aren't too many better things for making body parts useless on contact.

More like you were there to fix **** and they appreciated that.

If Buffy can handle it, a tough Brazilian guy should be good to go...
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11200000/Buffy-Ax-or-Hammer-the-women-of-scifi-11244347-342-513.jpg