PDA

View Full Version : Kataha Jime - Single Wing Choke...

Pages : [1] 2

DCS
3/17/2017 11:49am,
This choke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj8CrHYkrOA

Now, I must have been hit hard in the head lately because I'm thinking it can be adapted for no-gi and, at the same time, thinking that's not only impossible but complete nonsense.

HALP PLZ!!!.

Raycetpfl
3/17/2017 1:00pm,
This choke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj8CrHYkrOA

Now, I must have been hit hard in the head lately because I'm thinking it can be adapted for no-gi and, at the same time, thinking that's not only impossible but complete nonsense.

HALP PLZ!!!.

I will make a video tonight. ....
Last videos I posted on here someone made an almost identical technique video and said the idea came to him in a dream.... of course this dream occurred a couple days after my videos were posted. He didn't even have the common courtesy To call it The Rayce-mora.

DCS
3/17/2017 1:18pm,
I will make a video tonight. ....
Thanks in advance.

Last videos I posted on here someone made an almost identical technique video and said the idea came to him in a dream.... of course this dream occurred a couple days after my videos were posted. He didn't even have the common courtesy To call it The Rayce-mora.

BKR
3/18/2017 1:04am,
Accidental cross post.

Raycetpfl
3/18/2017 2:41pm,
Thanks in advance.

http://youtu.be/RQ-51R-Lxu4

Sooooo I had a teenager take the video and he put his hands on the microphone. The sound is really soft and then gets normal.....and then gets soft and then gets normal.

So if I was gonna do that first choke it would be a choke of random opportunity. I believe it's inferior to a rear naked. That being said ,you can do it from a gable grip or from the half-Nelson and you grab the forearm with the choking arm.

NeilG
3/18/2017 5:15pm,
Not really the same thing.

Raycetpfl
3/18/2017 6:58pm,
Not really the same thing.

Duh! There's no cloth involved no gi, but it's the same motions.

NeilG
3/18/2017 11:44pm,
You're doing nothing with his left arm there. The whole point of that variation is to crank that arm up. If you did it with a gi in place that way it would not be the same choke.

Raycetpfl
3/19/2017 5:38am,
You're doing nothing with his left arm there. The whole point of that variation is to crank that arm up. If you did it with a gi in place that way it would not be the same choke.

That variation and every variation of those type of collar chokes, the point of grabbing the back of the neck,arm,shoulder,other lapel or leg is so they can't rotate to relieve pressure on the choke. There's no shoulder crank/sub there.
In the second variation I show I am placing pressure on the back of the neck and shoulder but Scott has to immediately tap because my choke is so tight.
The motion is identical in both the Gi and No-Gi versions. There is no shoulder lock/crank there, if you are attempting one there you're doing it wrong/wasting energy. I could have had his arm further up by raising my left elbow,but it's all the same really.

NeilG
3/19/2017 9:00am,
Didn't mean to imply there was a lock.

BKR
3/19/2017 11:13am,
http://youtu.be/RQ-51R-Lxu4

Sooooo I had a teenager take the video and he put his hands on the microphone. The sound is really soft and then gets normal.....and then gets soft and then gets normal.

So if I was gonna do that first choke it would be a choke of random opportunity. I believe it's inferior to a rear naked. That being said ,you can do it from a gable grip or from the half-Nelson and you grab the forearm with the choking arm.

Nice thanks!

Hadaka Jime in judo terminology though.

BKR
3/19/2017 11:17am,
That variation and every variation of those type of collar chokes, the point of grabbing the back of the neck,arm,shoulder,other lapel or leg is so they can't rotate to relieve pressure on the choke. There's no shoulder crank/sub there.
In the second variation I show I am placing pressure on the back of the neck and shoulder but Scott has to immediately tap because my choke is so tight.
The motion is identical in both the Gi and No-Gi versions. There is no shoulder lock/crank there, if you are attempting one there you're doing it wrong/wasting energy. I could have had his arm further up by raising my left elbow,but it's all the same really.

Agreed...

NeilG
3/19/2017 1:06pm,
In the second variation I show I am placing pressure on the back of the neck and shoulder but Scott has to immediately tap because my choke is so tight. Watched it again, yes the 2nd one is similar.

ChenPengFi
3/19/2017 2:46pm,

Do you ever grab your own neck?
I was taught that one but don't see it used.

DCS
3/19/2017 3:51pm,
Thanks Rayce.

The half nelson grip is the one I was looking for.

Raycetpfl
3/19/2017 10:46pm,
Do you ever grab your own neck?
I was taught that one but don't see it used.

Yes, especially if I am dealing with more than one person.