PDA

View Full Version : Dissertation question, I know, but who better to ask.

ml4mike
2/23/2017 7:14am,
Hi, not sure if this is going to be a discussion grenade or not as I have not been on for a few years. I am doing my dissertation on martial arts and how the different martial arts influence a persons aggression levels. I emphasize I have my opinions(obviously) on this but need other people to offer theirs by filling out a questionnaire.
I am looking at different aspects, for example do competitive martial arts that focus on point scoring actually promote an aggressive attitude, do the more traditional arts which focus on self control and the more spiritual side of training help lower aggression. or does it actually make no difference?? I want to compare aggression levels between martial artists and Non martial artists and also different martial arts via this questionnaire.

The only information I need is from the questionnaire.

The questionnaire is aimed mainly at 16-21 yr olds so if you are in that age group or know someone in that age group either martial artist or not drop me a line and I'll send you the link.

time is short and I am working on getting the 5 points to be able to post links.

cheers
Mike

Raycetpfl
2/23/2017 8:30am,
Hi, not sure if this is going to be a discussion grenade or not as I have not been on for a few years. I am doing my dissertation on martial arts and how the different martial arts influence a persons aggression levels. I emphasize I have my opinions(obviously) on this but need other people to offer theirs by filling out a questionnaire.
I am looking at different aspects, for example do competitive martial arts that focus on point scoring actually promote an aggressive attitude, do the more traditional arts which focus on self control and the more spiritual side of training help lower aggression. or does it actually make no difference?? I want to compare aggression levels between martial artists and Non martial artists and also different martial arts via this questionnaire.

The only information I need is from the questionnaire.

The questionnaire is aimed mainly at 16-21 yr olds so if you are in that age group or know someone in that age group either martial artist or not drop me a line and I'll send you the link.

time is short and I am working on getting the 5 points to be able to post links.

cheers
Mike

If you do tiajitsu you fall in the non-martial arts category right?

ml4mike
2/23/2017 9:37am,
That is for you to decide, you put yes to the question and say what you do or No.