PDA

View Full Version : Is nysanda still sanda or is it just kickboxing?

Jojo76
1/29/2017 2:10pm,
Yes, I did a search on the thread regarding sanda. There is not allot of sanda gyms in NYC and well I am interested in the kickboxing with the wrestling throws in it. So when I google sanda I came across nysanda.com but it looks more like a kickboxing class than sanda. Did the gym changed?It looks like the same owner but has the focus of the gym changed. When I did search the old threads go back to 2014 regarding sanda but not sure if it's still relevant today.

Bar Humbug
1/29/2017 6:46pm,
You could always call and ask

That said, how about Combat Sambo? Theres a great place in NYC

BackFistMonkey
1/29/2017 7:15pm,
Yes, I did a search on the thread regarding sanda. There is not allot of sanda gyms in NYC and well I am interested in the kickboxing with the wrestling throws in it. So when I google sanda I came across nysanda.com but it looks more like a kickboxing class than sanda. Did the gym changed?It looks like the same owner but has the focus of the gym changed. When I did search the old threads go back to 2014 regarding sanda but not sure if it's still relevant today.

Stop in and say hey. I am sure they would be happy to show you what they do. Send an email schedule a visit and then come back and tell us. As far as I know they should not have changed at all.

... and for the record "good" Sanda is usually just kickboxing with throws sautÚd with a nice Chinese approach and technique base.