PDA

View Full Version : Sig P320 Will Replace the M9

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

BKR
1/20/2017 1:54pm,
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/01/20/army-picks-sig-sauers-p320-handgun-to-replace-m9-service-pistol.html

"Sig touts the P320 model product as "modular" and "adaptable," with interchangeable grips, multiple sizes and calibers that can be converted between 9mm, .357SIG and .40SGW. "From calibers, to pistol size, to the grip fit best suited for the shooter, the P320 is the most adaptable pistol available today," the company says in promotional materials."

Finally, a modern striker fired pistol.

ghost55
1/20/2017 3:33pm,
The P-09 duty is a better gun. I'm not sure how equipped SIG USA is to fulfill an order this big, let alone do it and not **** up the QC.

Raycetpfl
1/20/2017 3:49pm,
I like the double action. I always seem to be the weird one...

slamdunc
1/20/2017 3:53pm,
I like the double action. I always seem to be the weird one...You just enjoy watching the hammer fall.

BKR
1/20/2017 5:18pm,
The P-09 duty is a better gun. I'm not sure how equipped SIG USA is to fulfill an order this big, let alone do it and not **** up the QC.

Thank you for you professional, informed opinion based on real-life experience.

OK, you can start posting links to articles that back up your opinion...

ChenPengFi
1/20/2017 5:37pm,
U haz typo in ur op.

Interesting choice.
Anyone shot the P320?

BKR
1/20/2017 5:43pm,
U haz typo in ur op.

Interesting choice.
Anyone shot the P320?

pardon my lysdexia...

submessenger
1/20/2017 5:52pm,
U haz typo in ur op.

Interesting choice.
Anyone shot the P320?

pardon my lysdexia...

fixed

BKR
1/20/2017 5:58pm,
fixed

Thank you, kind sir.

Good luck in Texas, if you are going back to Austin, look up JNP and get to rolling...

submessenger
1/20/2017 6:09pm,
Thank you, kind sir.

Good luck in Texas, if you are going back to Austin, look up JNP and get to rolling...

Thanks, I am going back to Austin. I look forward to hanging/training with all of our ATX contingent, JNP not least on that list.

Cassius
1/20/2017 6:10pm,
This is a great development. Any of the finalists would have been an improvement over the M9. The 320 "pistol" is literally just the guts of the pistol including FCG, so the Army can reconfigure as it sees fit. If I'm being nitpicky, I think that it's bore axis is a bit high, but that is just SIG being SIG. My personal preferences aside, it was probably the best entrant when viewed in the frame of the actual RFP.

One thing I did notice is that there was nothing in the announcement about the ammunition that was submitted with it. The Army required ammo to be submitted with the firearm as part of a "system," so theoretically the army would now switch to that ammo for the calibers they choose as well.

Raycetpfl
1/20/2017 7:15pm,
This is a great development. Any of the finalists would have been an improvement over the M9. The 320 "pistol" is literally just the guts of the pistol including FCG, so the Army can reconfigure as it sees fit. If I'm being nitpicky, I think that it's bore axis is a bit high, but that is just SIG being SIG. My personal preferences aside, it was probably the best entrant when viewed in the frame of the actual RFP.

One thing I did notice is that there was nothing in the announcement about the ammunition that was submitted with it. The Army required ammo to be submitted with the firearm as part of a "system," so theoretically the army would now switch to that ammo for the calibers they choose as well.

Its gonna be 9mm don't ya think?

Cassius
1/20/2017 7:43pm,
Its gonna be 9mm don't ya think?They bought a pistol whose main strength over other plastic fantastics is the fact that it's easily converted to multiple calibers. It is likely that the majority of Soldiers will be using 9mm, but not everyone will. I'm more interested in the design of the ammunition that SIG submitted as part of its proposal. As in, did they submit regular ball ammo, JHP, a copper solid, a brass solid, is the bullet itself low or high weight/velocity for caliber, etc etc etc. That has yet to be announced, as far as I can tell.

submessenger
1/20/2017 8:15pm,
They bought a pistol whose main strength over other plastic fantastics is the fact that it's easily converted to multiple calibers. It is likely that the majority of Soldiers will be using 9mm, but not everyone will. I'm more interested in the design of the ammunition that SIG submitted as part of its proposal. As in, did they submit regular ball ammo, JHP, a copper solid, a brass solid, is the bullet itself low or high weight/velocity for caliber, etc etc etc. That has yet to be announced, as far as I can tell.

It would have to be some sort of ball ammo, right? Hague, Geneva and all that jazz.

Cassius
1/20/2017 8:42pm,
It would have to be some sort of ball ammo, right? Hague, Geneva and all that jazz.Not necessarily, no.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/04/07/army-moves-ahead-with-pistol-program-despite-chiefs-pushback.html

We did not sign that portion of the Hague Accords, but mostly abide by it. Some units have been issued modern jhp ammo for years. At least as far back as 2015, the lawyers involved in the RFP have been publicly stating that the Army wants to move away from ball ammo for anything but training.

ghost55
1/20/2017 9:23pm,
They bought a pistol whose main strength over other plastic fantastics is the fact that it's easily converted to multiple calibers. It is likely that the majority of Soldiers will be using 9mm, but not everyone will. I'm more interested in the design of the ammunition that SIG submitted as part of its proposal. As in, did they submit regular ball ammo, JHP, a copper solid, a brass solid, is the bullet itself low or high weight/velocity for caliber, etc etc etc. That has yet to be announced, as far as I can tell.

I really hope .357sig was part of this.