PDA

View Full Version : So my club is adding Hatton Boxing in the new year and I'm curious of the benefits.

kimjonghng
9/27/2016 5:30pm,
So we're getting this new boxing class and it's majority focused on drills, combos, padwork and fitness. Now, I'm a karate-ka and judo practitioner first and foremost, but I was wondering, would that sort of training translate to my training in a way other than conditioning? Things such as handspeed, duck n weave etc?

submessenger
9/28/2016 7:57am,
So we're getting this new boxing class and it's majority focused on drills, combos, padwork and fitness. Now, I'm a karate-ka and judo practitioner first and foremost, but I was wondering, would that sort of training translate to my training in a way other than conditioning? Things such as handspeed, duck n weave etc?

It's going to depend on the curriculum. If the class is basically cardio kickboxing without the kicking, then you may not get much out of it. On the other hand, and if Hatton (or some other pro) is teaching, it might be very well worth it - I would expect to get strategy and "insider tips," from such a class.

scipio
9/28/2016 8:46am,
Looking at Ricky's website it appears to be boxing for fitness. From the website:
"A Hatton ABC session is no physical contact just a great all over body workout using focus pads. A mixture of 3 minute rounds consisting of boxing combinations, fantastic Abs, lower body routines and mind blowing cardio drills to help you reach your goals. Hatton ABC session can be found as a group session or PT so find an instructor near you today."

Good for cardio - not so good for widening fighting skills

kimjonghng
9/28/2016 9:28am,
Looking at Ricky's website it appears to be boxing for fitness. From the website:
"A Hatton ABC session is no physical contact just a great all over body workout using focus pads. A mixture of 3 minute rounds consisting of boxing combinations, fantastic Abs, lower body routines and mind blowing cardio drills to help you reach your goals. Hatton ABC session can be found as a group session or PT so find an instructor near you today."

Good for cardio - not so good for widening fighting skills

Cardio isnt exactly my strong suit, but turns out the class is going to clash with my judo so Im gonna give it a miss i think