PDA

View Full Version : Vladislav Koulikov leglock seminar Sarasota, Florida, September 24th 10am to 1pm

Pages : [1] 2

WFMurphyPhD
9/07/2016 3:22pm,
Professor Vladislav Koulikov will be in Sarasota, Florida for a seminar on Saturday September 24 from 10am-1pm. Only $50.
I highly recommend going to this seminar if you wish to improve your leglock game, whether you are new to leglocks or already a leglock master.
Vlad has been doing leg locks longer than the recent leg lock masters have been training.
Vlad is a phenomenal competitor and an even better teacher.
He also put out the Illegal Leg Lock Series that is getting very positive reviews within the leglock community.
So save the date, and send me a Bullshido message or Facebook message if you want me to reserve you a spot.

BKR
9/08/2016 2:01pm,
It's a bit out of my range, Bill, sorry...

Maybe Rayce will show up to correct Mr. Koulikov when he makes mistakes...

Raycetpfl
9/08/2016 3:15pm,

Maybe Rayce will show up to correct Mr. Koulikov when he makes mistakes...
Don't get sassy with me old man!
On leg locks? Not really my wheel house. I will probably being going though.
Vlad is an awesome sambo player. I wanna learn throws more than leg locks. I could give two fucks about leg locks really. I wish he was doing a seminar on the Georgian grip.

Also if they want me to correct the mistakes they would have to share the seminar cash. :-p

Raycetpfl
9/08/2016 3:25pm,

Besides white belts can't do leg locks. That would be like giving spider monkeys automatic weapons. No good could come of it.

goodlun
9/08/2016 3:36pm,
Besides white belts can't do leg locks. That would be like giving spider monkeys automatic weapons. No good could come of it.

Straight Ankle lock is allowed by the IBJJF at white belt and at most other tournaments as well.

Raycetpfl
9/08/2016 4:09pm,
Straight Ankle lock is allowed by the IBJJF at white belt and at most other tournaments as well.

You just informed a ibjjf black belt competitor that has taken a ref course this year what the bjj rules are....... seems like time well spent. :-p

So yes the straight ankle lock is the only lower body submission legal at white belt. Of the two types of foot locks, the straight one is legal. Twisting foot locks,knee bars and leg compression locks are illegal until brown . Knee bars use to be legal at blue.
all other reaping lower body subs are illegal.
Also, I said leg locks not foot locks. For me Leg locks = heelhooks,compression locks and knee bars because they attack the leg. Nomenclature is always such a pain in the ass with bjj.

WFMurphyPhD
9/08/2016 4:24pm,
Vlad is an awesome sambo player. I wanna learn throws more than leg locks. I could give two fucks about leg locks really. I wish he was doing a seminar on the Georgian grip.

Also if they want me to correct the mistakes they would have to share the seminar cash. :-p

I could arrange for some coverage of Georgian grip throws if you would like.

Vlad shows some very good variations of both georgian grip and what I call Eastern European grip throws, as well as victor rolls.

Raycetpfl
9/08/2016 4:31pm,
I could arrange for some coverage of Georgian grip throws if you would like.

Vlad shows some very good variations of both georgian grip and what I call Eastern European grip throws, as well as victor rolls.

I love his instructionals. I would say heelhooks and throws are my weakest areas in grappling. he would be an awesome guy for me to learn from. If I can get off work I will be there. Unfortunately I get required over time and get forced to work a lot of weekends, but I should be able to swing it.

goodlun
9/08/2016 4:47pm,
You just informed a ibjjf black belt competitor that has taken a ref course this year what the bjj rules are....... seems like time well spent. :-p

Its not about you, its about keeping the information in the technique area as correct as possible, just in case someone that doesn't know reads the thread.
Also not for you
but anyone else that got here, the straight ankle is considered the foundation of the leg lock game by Dean Lister.
Being good at the straight ankle will make you better at the heel hook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auZeB95UkA4

Raycetpfl
9/08/2016 4:55pm,
Its not about you, its about keeping the information in the technique area as correct as possible, just in case someone that doesn't know reads the thread.
Also not for you
but anyone else that got here, the straight ankle is considered the foundation of the leg lock game by Dean Lister.

I would agree. I would also assert that proper defense of both can be built off of the straight ankle lock. The two locks are definitely kissing cousins.

Has Dean ever gone over the Shoulder roll backwards after you puff the chest ? I find that to be the icing of doom on the ankle lock cake.

Raycetpfl
9/08/2016 5:01pm,
Also not for you

That's was supposed to be an up vote.

goodlun
9/08/2016 5:10pm,
Has Dean ever gone over the Shoulder roll backwards after you puff the chest ? I find that to be the icing of doom on the ankle lock cake.

Not that I know of, it is already pretty damn tight to begin with. I think if he needed to apply more pressure he would go to an outside reap leg position then switch to the heel hook.

Omega Supreme
9/08/2016 5:15pm,
Oh sure, nobody mentions my leg lock seminar this weekend. No love. I'm going to pout in the corner now.

BKR
9/08/2016 5:50pm,

Edited post, do not want wrath of JNP to befall me.

BKR
9/08/2016 5:52pm,

Edited post, do not want wrath of JNP to befall me.

Raycetpfl
9/08/2016 5:52pm,
Not that I know of, it is already pretty damn tight to begin with. I think if he needed to apply more pressure he would go to an outside reap leg position then switch to the heel hook.

Once everything is tight and then you shoulder roll you generally don't even have to sit back.