PDA

View Full Version : White Tiger Taekwondo?

Pages : [1] 2

kimjonghng
8/17/2016 5:43pm,
Ok so there's a possibility of a taekwondo class being added to my clubs timetable, when I asked if it was WTF or ITF, i was told it was White Tiger Federation. Tried to google it for more information to see what the forms and other such aspects there are for it, but not had much luck.

Anyone here know anything about it?

BKR
8/17/2016 6:24pm,
I suggest you contact her.

http://www.whitetigertkd.com/white_tiger/CONTACT.html

BackFistMonkey
8/17/2016 7:07pm,
Good lord that site is terrible.

kimjonghng
8/18/2016 3:35am,
I suggest you contact her.

http://www.whitetigertkd.com/white_tiger/CONTACT.html

nearly had a seizure looking at that website not going to lie...

anyway I asked the guy whose the teacher, said theres a few forms but not many, even though its under World TKD Fed. Also mentioned that he prefers to have more contact (semi and full) sparring in his classes and technical drills rather than dead dance drills. Sounds alright to be honest. I know the guy trains with my mma coach and is looking to get into competition fights as well.

slamdunc
8/18/2016 7:29am,
Good lord that site is terrible.But they offer parties. Sadly, their system has been faked; the tiger-striped van is even a phony.

kimjonghng
8/18/2016 9:12am,
But they offer parties. Sadly, their system has been faked; the tiger-striped van is even a phony.

mind explaining how it is faked? Also this woman is nowhere near me, so I have idea of the connection and struggle to find anything on it at all.

If it's under the WTF then there should be some legit nature to it right? Assuming their lineage and instructors are legit registered right?

BackFistMonkey
8/18/2016 9:35am,
But they offer parties. Sadly, their system has been faked; the tiger-striped van is even a phony.

I can't believe I get to finally get to say this:

I am with Kim Jong on this one. It isn't MABS so I can't demand you elaborate blah blah but I think in the Traditional Forums most people expect some elaboration.

... besides, I want to know about this styling van you speak of.

slamdunc
8/18/2016 8:51pm,
mind explaining how it is faked? Also this woman is nowhere near me, so I have idea of the connection and struggle to find anything on it at all.

If it's under the WTF then there should be some legit nature to it right? Assuming their lineage and instructors are legit registered right?Seriously???
http://www.whitetigertkd.com/white_tiger/Imposter_alert.html

Important information regarding impostor White Tiger facilities

We would like to inform you of local martial arts facilities that may be trying to deceive consumers in the Triangle and now spreading to the Triad Area. Recently, some people have immigrated to this country to start a chain of martial arts schools in the area. These facilities give the appearance that they are somehow related to/or associated with White Tiger.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

These facilities are utilizing White Tiger logos and design elements on their uniforms and vehicles that look suspiciously like ours; some are blatant copies of our logos. Photos taken from their website and respective Facebook pages show their attempt. These issues have been addressed by White Tiger lawyers and they have been served a cease-and-desist order. It does not appear that they plan to follow business rules or ethics of our soil. There have been cases of students showing up at our school in Cary, expecting all our amenities to be included in a membership that was administered through these impostor facilities. We would be happy to arrange for a membership at White Tiger; however we cannot honor memberships that were not acquired through here. We apologize for this unfortunate confusion; it truly is not fair to the consumer. If you are in doubt, please ask for me.

Again, there is only one White Tiger in Cary. If you have questions about a “copy cat” school in your area, please do not hesitate to contact me. Master Rondy 919-469-3553.I was poking fun at the link provided by my esteemed colleague BKR, and noted that this place is the epitome of a McDojo

BackFistMonkey
8/18/2016 9:17pm,
Oh, LOL.

Thank you for clarifying. I thought I had missed a bit of awesomeness.

BKR
8/19/2016 5:27pm,
Seriously???

I was poking fun at the link provided by my esteemed colleague BKR, and noted that this place is the epitome of a McDojo

The OP is so retarded, he can't even use google, LOL! I feel so superior...

Yeah, I saw the thing about "accept no imitations" and had a chuckle. Plenty of other "white tiger" TKD dojo out there. Real original idea on her part.

kimjonghng
8/21/2016 12:39pm,
The OP is so retarded, he can't even use google, LOL! I feel so superior...

Yeah, I saw the thing about "accept no imitations" and had a chuckle. Plenty of other "white tiger" TKD dojo out there. Real original idea on her part.

firstly, she.

secondly, I was asking about lineage and other information about the history, whether it was ITF or WTF, forms etc and any history I could find, but all I got was a club here in the UK which gave no other information, and a bunch of youtube videos. which again werent very informative, if you find anything that is remotely close, perhaps you could use your superiority to find it, though I suspect you have nothing to contribute

kimjonghng
8/21/2016 12:43pm,
Seriously???

I was poking fun at the link provided by my esteemed colleague BKR, and noted that this place is the epitome of a McDojo

Looks very McDojo and branded to ****. Still doesnt seem to offer much in the way of info,

also it might be my browser but the site seems broken as ****, along with a design based nightmare as clicking back to home is sending me back to the top of the page. Facility is broken and so are various other parts of the page.

So informative I expected 'teh dedliez' to be somewhere on the page in big red letters

slamdunc
8/21/2016 6:23pm,
Looks very McDojo and branded to ****. Still doesnt seem to offer much in the way of infoShe was the only caucasian on her demo team while she was studying in Korea? This chick is the female version of Frank Dux, she could be hiding in my ceiling tiles right now.

slamdunc
8/21/2016 6:25pm,
I was asking about lineage and other information about the history, whether it was ITF or WTF, forms etc.When the **** is made up drek, the lineage / history is whatever the fabricator wants it to be.

WFMurphyPhD
8/21/2016 6:30pm,
She was the only caucasian on her demo team while she was studying in Korea? This chick is the female version of Frank Dux, she could be hiding in my ceiling tiles right now.

A bit challenging to live in Korea for 2 years as an American or UK young lady.

I wonder if she had a job teaching English.

Seoul is a very beautiful, very modern city, with nice history.

But, Koreans are challenging to do business with if you are young; even if you look young.

I got heat for only being in my 40's the last time I went

and then had to have follow up meetings with some of the Korean decision makers in their 60's and 70's.

Interesting if she did.

Plus Koreans have a drinking culture.

It would be hard to do business there for 2 years without drinking a lot of Soju or other booze.

I know how to enjoy a libation, but I never bother trying to outdrink Koreans when they decide to let loose

(which is regularly to blow off steam from very demanding work schedule expectations).

BKR
8/22/2016 2:04pm,
firstly, she.

secondly, I was asking about lineage and other information about the history, whether it was ITF or WTF, forms etc and any history I could find, but all I got was a club here in the UK which gave no other information, and a bunch of youtube videos. which again werent very informative, if you find anything that is remotely close, perhaps you could use your superiority to find it, though I suspect you have nothing to contribute

OK, she, sorry about that.

Also, you apparently don't do sarcasm either.

There were so many hits for "white tiger TKD", I find it difficult to believe you can't find more information. Email, phone numbers to call, all that.

Or, in fact, the lack of information and number of hits on "white tiger tkd" might be a hint you should just forget about it, as it's all likely to be rubbish anyway.

Seriously, now...