PDA

View Full Version : Travis Stevens is Kicking Ass in the Olympics

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

BKR
8/09/2016 1:56pm,
Travis Stevens has won 3 matches by ippon to make it to the finals in -81 kg ! I believe all 3 were won via ne waza.

And yes, Rayce, he is a BJJ black belt (in 18 months, no less) as well, LOL!

Raycetpfl
8/09/2016 2:10pm,
Travis Stevens has won 3 matches by ippon to make it to the finals in -81 kg ! I believe all 3 were won via ne waza.

His guard pass to ippon pin was very nice.

plasma
8/09/2016 2:26pm,
LOL at the Bulgarian looking for the ref stand-up half way through an over-under pass.

Edit
Found Link:

https://instagram.com/p/BI5UCo6jLrv/

Raycetpfl
8/09/2016 2:48pm,

When an American Male Judoka finally brings home Gold it will be..... BJJ Wins Again!!

NeilG
8/09/2016 2:54pm,
Unfortunately not so much for Antoine Valois-Fortier. He lost to the Russian in the quarters and then had to face Nagase in the repechage. That's 0 for 3 head to head against him for Antoine. I was surprised to see Nagase lose in the quarters as well, but I didn't see the matches.

NeilG
8/09/2016 3:41pm,
Spoiler: Stevens lost by ippon in Golden Score to the same Russian who took out my boy Antoine in the quarters.

BackFistMonkey
8/09/2016 3:45pm,
: Stevens lost by ippon in Golden Score to the same Russian who took out my boy Antoine in the quarters.

fixed

NeilG
8/09/2016 5:27pm,
It wasn't in Golden Score, I was mixed up. It was halfway through regular time.

BKR
8/09/2016 5:33pm,
His guard pass to ippon pin was very nice.

No better than blue belt level, of course, and a simple pass at that...

BKR
8/09/2016 5:34pm,
When an American Male Judoka finally brings home Gold it will be..... BJJ Wins Again!!

And the relentless BJJ propaganda machine lives on...

BKR
8/09/2016 5:35pm,
Unfortunately not so much for Antoine Valois-Fortier. He lost to the Russian in the quarters and then had to face Nagase in the repechage. That's 0 for 3 head to head against him for Antoine. I was surprised to see Nagase lose in the quarters as well, but I didn't see the matches.

Antoine is a great guy, that's too bad.

BKR
8/09/2016 5:40pm,
Yeah, looks like he met his match in this one... fucking lefties...
http://www.ijf.org/upload/2016_08/10/147078021656796440/er__28q0703.jpg

Congrats to Travis on his silver medal, though !

NeilG
8/09/2016 5:45pm,
Wow, some people were arguing on the judo subreddit that this throw started too low, but if that still is any indication Stevens is about to get pasted.

BKR
8/09/2016 5:54pm,
Wow, some people were arguing on the judo subreddit that this throw started too low, but if that still is any indication Stevens is about to get pasted.

Here is a link to a photo sequence on the IJF webpage. I'm assuming it's the same throw that started with the photo I posted. If so, Travis managed to go to one knee, then get rolled over. I'd guess waza ari.

In any case, he is totally out-gripped and locked up in the picture I posted.

BKR
8/09/2016 5:56pm,
Here is a link to a photo sequence on the IJF webpage. I'm assuming it's the same throw that started with the photo I posted. If so, Travis managed to go to one knee, then get rolled over. I'd guess waza ari.

In any case, he is totally out-gripped and locked up in the picture I posted.

"The Gold Medal Match between Stevens and Khalmurzaev featured plenty of activity, with Stevens trying hard to apply a hold when the judokas entered into newaza. But ultimately it was a counter from Khalmurzaev that put Stevens on his back for an ippon and ended the match."

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/team-usas-travis-stevens-wins-silver-medal-mens-81kg-judo

BKR
8/09/2016 6:07pm,
Link to video...
http://stream.nbcolympics.com/judo-womens-63kg-mens-81kg-semifinals-medal-matches